Job Title: Manager, Medical Info
Job Location: Lawrence, New Jersey
Duration: 06+ Months W2 Contracts
- The primary responsibility for the US Medical Communications Consultant is the development and execution of a comprehensive, globally aligned strategic market medical content plan to support the effective communication of data and launch for safe and effective use of medicines across the Markets.
- Develop and update (from WW content) local market medical content per clinical development program, publications, data presentations, congress activity, MI inquiry trends, global communication platform, product safety reports and treatment landscape.
- Lead through close partnership with WW Pubs/Content leads, Contact Center leads, and local Market Medical team in the development of medical content.
- Work with cross-functional teams on a worldwide level to ensure consistent messaging and communication of medical information and key messages.
- Support the global standardization of Medical content to streamline creation, distribution and curation of content while eliminating redundancies in resource utilization and deliverables.
- Analyzes and interprets scientific data to update or develop comprehensive, balanced, credible and
- accurate documents that comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance and policies and procedures.
- Determine extent of global content available for use in the market including self-service, and ensures local customization or de novo content generation needs are met with quality and speed.
- Collaborate closely with the Medical Capabilities Customer Engagement & Contact Center, to inform on new content deliverables and consult on training/messaging for new scientific data.
- Develop Medical Contact Center training on disease state, product overview and relevant market events to ensure Contact Centers readiness to address customer inquiries.
- Work effectively as a member of the Medical Matrix Market Team and other core Medical teams by contributing to development of the Medical Brand Plan, communicating insights and trends from WW Medical, WW Pubs/Content and Field Medical and contributing to the identification and delivery of content to address local Market unmet medical needs.
- Translate medical strategies and objectives into actionable medical communication plans for the markets (ensures local customization or de novo content generation needs are met with quality and speed); plans that are comprehensive (representing all functions with ongoing data generation) and globally aligned.
- Ensure effective rollout and communication occurs, feedback loops are implemented, and continuous improvement opportunities are identified for content development
- Develop, maintain and enhance a high level of knowledge in the respective therapeutic area(s) to provide high quality medical communication support.
- PharmD, MD, PhD preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant industry experience, preferably in Medical Information/Medical Communications;
- Experience responding to unsolicited inquiries from health care professionals by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and providing specific clinical/scientific data that is requestor-focused.
- Experience and skill in writing clear, concise, high quality, evidence-based scientific medical communication materials.
- Ability to conduct literature searches in databases such as EMBASE and Pubmed/Medline
- Exposure to the pharmaceutical and health care industry.
- Understands the needs of health care professionals and demonstrates an understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage various projects, solve problems, deliver on commitments, and work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge and experience in Immunoscience disease states and treatment options preferred.
- Proficiency in basic computer programs.
- Strong scientific/medical written and verbal communication skills required.