Top Three Skills:1. 3 years of experience managing/leading small to medium sized application development teams in a Microsoft stack environment.
2. 3+ years of hands on Project Management, Software Development, Systems Analyst or other related 'hands on' experience in an SDLC environment.
3. 1+ year of Agile Software Development environment experience.
The IT Business Solutions Manager is a key member of the IT leadership team and reports to the Senior Director, Information Technology. The manager will provide leadership and guidance in critical areas of technology evolution including evaluation, architecture, deployment, and support. This hands-on manager is responsible for the life cycle planning of business applications and the day-to-day activities of the IT Business Solutions Team's analysts and developers. This individual will apply proven team building and communication skills, problem-solving skills, knowledge of IT best practices, technical expertise, and technical project leadership to guide his/her team in finding ways to improve our operations and drive business value for the Plan.
*Under general direction, leads the design, oversees development and delivery of cross-functional multi-platform on-premise and cloud-based application systems inclusive of day-to-day operational systems support.
*Fosters a collaborative and high-performing team culture where perspectives are valued, new ideas are encouraged, and continuous improvement is expected.
*Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information system technology.
*Recommends information system technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
*Maintains quality services by establishing and enforcing standards
*Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
*Manages the following systems/functions: Business systems analysis; Solution design; Architectural standards and compliance; Application and data integration; Application development, configuration and system support; Data and reporting environments; Database development and support; B.I. platform and tool management
*Own requirements definition, design, analysis, development/configuration, deployment, management, and support of the business information systems.
*Ensure that strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to staff and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans, and work products/services.
*Deliver applications that meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
*Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
*Provide technical and process leadership when managing and/or partnering with technical and functional resources (e.g. analysts, developers, system administrators, information security, project managers) and other parts of internal solutions delivery and support teams as well as business partners to implement solutions that achieve desired business outcomes.
*Report operational achievements and progress to IT senior leadership on a regular basis, including statistical analysis and improvement of action plans
*Resolve information system issues, ensuring a proactive, fast path to resolution. (This work effort may extend beyond the course of the standard work schedule.)
*Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending change in tools, training, processes, reporting, and employee engagement.
*Deliver and exceed on IT Team performance targets. Ensure service level commitments are met.
*Select, train, and evaluate the work of assigned staff, determine job assignments, review work products, and provide coaching and training as necessary. Plan, schedule and oversee staff work assignments and progress. Develop and implement procedures and policies for work unit. Analyze current staffing needs and project future requirements. Monitor the performance on a continuous basis, initiate progressive discipline, training and prepare performance evaluations in a timely manner.
*Lead the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with work volumes and skill levels. Adjust according to established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks and meet service delivery commitments.
*Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools for monitoring, management and optimization IT development services.
*Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
*Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
*Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
*Collaborate with business customers and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
*Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality. Develop and maintain functional and technical business-technology documentation.
*Liaise with company's software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
*Where necessary, prepare, establish, and monitor budgets.
*Other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or other combination of education, training and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the required tasks
A combination of the following:
* Minimum of 3 years managing a high performing cohesive application development team
* Minimum of 6 years progressively responsible experience in combination of the following: solution design/development, application architecture project management, software as a service (SaaS), application integration, development/coding/configuration, data management/governance, information/application security, business process and systems analysis, and/or systems management.
* Experience liaising with middle and senior management in mid to large size private and/or public sector organizations
* IT service management training, experience, and/or ITIL certification(s)
* Experience transitioning an organization from traditional practices to agile development methodologies and/or DevOps
* Managed Health Care industry experience preferred
* Managing external IT service providers
* Managing the risk and cost implication of IT contracts or contract negotiations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Principles and practices of leadership, training, and providing work direction to others; Ability to lead team members from multiple areas
* Ability to observe, analyze, investigate, and analyze complex problems independently using interpersonal skills and technical knowledge to propose effective solutions; self-directed
* Principles and practices of system engineering concepts and factors such as structured design, supportability, survivability, reliability, scalability/re-usability, data integrity and maintainability
* Principles and practices of systems analysis and systems development life cycle methodologies; client/server; computer and object-oriented programming; integrated development environments and code repositories
* Proficiency in SQL and SQL based query tools
* Principles of enterprise and service-oriented architecture; Ability to successfully integrate disparate systems
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, projects, and tasks simultaneously
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with all levels of management
* Strong knowledge and understanding of managed health care, State programs preferred
* Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
* Direct, hands-on experience with automated software and system management tools.
* Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
* Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
* Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Behaviors and Competencies:
* Strong customer-service orientation.
* High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
* Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure
* The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization
* The ability to lead, enable, and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a nonjudgmental fashion
* Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes, and technologies.
* Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
* Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.