Our Corporate Strategy team supports high-impact projects across all aspects of the business. The team drives strategic insight through customer research, customer experience analysis and thought leadership. Hilton Strategy partners with leaders across Hilton to improve operational performance, understand competitive positioning, develop new product innovation, and implement growth strategies.
What will I be doing?
The Guest Experience team brings the voice of our guests to the forefront of decisions in our global customer organization and provides actionable insights to improve on-property experience, product innovation, and competitive positioning. As the Manager, Guest Experience, you will support high-impact, strategic initiatives across Hilton and work closely with the Director of Guest Experience to use customer feedback to advise and support business leaders in delivering consistent high quality branded experiences in all of our hotels.
You will develop actionable insights by asking the right questions, collaborating with team members and connecting multiple data sources in a consultative model to ensure the voice of the customer is integrated into key strategic decisions. You will also be responsible for using real-time customer feedback to analyze and better understand unmet customer needs and experiences and sharing your findings with key partners to fuel product innovation.
More specifically, you will:
Synthesize guest feedback data to identify and share meaningful trends for the organization including:
- Use analytical techniques to evaluate brand guest experience health and identify emerging macro trends.
- Craft monthly and quarterly corporate reports and support associated meetings with data.
Synthesize data to drive and share big picture actionable insights, specifically:
- Combine guest feedback data and connect business context to isolate root causes.
- Analyze and compile guest feedback commentary from surveys or online review sites to find opportunities to improve the brand experience for our guests.
- Support brand and product pilot tests with test design and post-test analysis.
- Conduct competitive research incorporating guest reviews and other unstructured data sources.
Effectively communicate and interact with key partners throughout the organization, specifically:
- Build presentations with intuitive visual representations of complex data.
- Craft persuasive stories for a diverse group of partners in various formats (Microsoft Office).
- Build relationships with different work groups across the organization.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about hospitality and who love to impact the customer experience through data while creating positive partnerships. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong communication skills that will lend to building positive relationships with partners across all levels
- Ability to discern data and use analytical techniques to uncover trends and anomalies
- Ability to effectively communicate and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, and comfortable presenting on behalf of the team to Hilton Senior leadership
- Thinks strategically as well as tactically to define a research question and objective, develop frameworks and effectively deliver actionable insights and recommendations
- Excellent story-telling and data visualization capabilities utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint
- Operates autonomously and enthusiastically and has a self starter attitude
- Interest and/or experience mentoring and coaching junior team members
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Two (2) years' experience within consumer/market research, consulting, brand strategy or similar type of role
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Experience effectively running and prioritizing multiple projects and activities with challenging priorities
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Background in customer experience, market research and analysis, or text analytics
- Experience working with customer feedback data (e.g., post-stay customer experience survey, online review sites)
- Experience within one of the following industries: Consumer Packaged Goods, Retail, Travel and Hospitality or Consulting
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!