Our Internal Audit team serves as a critical business partner. We protect the organization by providing world-class guidance, objective assurance, and insight to leadership to manage risk and to support the sustainable growth and improvement of the organization.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager, Global Sales Audit, you will lead the global audit function for Hilton's Global Sales organization. You will manage the ongoing audit and appeals processes for the Americas, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) and APAC (Asia-Pacific) regions. You will also provide analytical support for sales incentives, operations, and initiatives that partner with the Global Incentive Compensation and Global Sales Performance Management teams. You will be a key business partner to the Global Sales and Sales Support teams, providing actionable business insights and perspectives.
Your work will be performed under the direction of the Vice President and Senior Director of Internal Audit, with specific oversight provided by the Senior Manager of Internal Audit.
More specifically, you will:
- Run a highly skilled team of Global Sales Audit Analysts, providing leadership, supervision, mentoring, and resource project management.
- Handle the timely execution and completion of comprehensive monthly audit, high-quality reporting and appeals processes for sales incentive compensation.
- Report audit and appeal results on a quarterly basis to Global Sales Leadership.
- Prepare and present quarterly Sales Incentive reviews for the Group Sales team, Strategic Account Management team, and Business Transient Sales team.
- Lead year-round Sales Incentive analytic exercises, helping to identify key business drivers, and report findings to senior leadership.
- Assist with the evaluation and improvement of Global Sales reporting and incentive calculation/payment processes to ensure timely and accurate payment of post-audit above property sales commissions.
- Lead the continuous improvement of documenting and evaluating payout, audit, and appeals processes for incentive compensation and helping find opportunities to streamline and/or automate.
- Ownership of refinements to FAQs and SOPs related to Global Sales Audit processes and supporting tools/systems.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong business sense and an innate desire to grow professionally
- Shown ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to lead multiple team members across a global footprint
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing including presenting to and communicating with Global Sales executives
- Ability to analyze financial, statistical, and operational data
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence to motivate and influence others
- Full discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals
- Solid project management skills, including handling details through to completion and ensuring project deadlines are met
- Knowledge of business mathematics, building and manipulating financial models and spreadsheets
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of experience in audit or financial analysis
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Two (2) or more years of management experience
- Prior use of advanced data analysis techniques (e.g., Tableau, advanced Excel)
- Written and verbal proficiency in a foreign language beyond English
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including international destinations requiring a passport/visa
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!