Hilton's Digital Product Innovation (DPI) team is an industry leader in bringing cutting-edge technology to our Guests' experience. Responsible for all digital touch points throughout the Guest's dream, shop, book and stay experience, the DPI team creates a seamless, connected and unrivalled journey thanks to the innovative digital products and services they create and manage. The award winning Hilton Honors app enables Guests to check-in, choose their room, and then unlock their room with their mobile device and soon Guests will be able to control in-room entertainment, lighting, and climate. The speed and volume of this team's achievements is partly due to their agile approach; however, the star of this team's show is its passionate, innovative, and future-focused people. It is thanks to our people that DPI has so much traction within Hilton, but most importantly with our Guests, hotels and owners, as well as the wider digital industry. DPI is truly a game-changing team.
What will I be doing?
At Hilton, we are focused on delivering distinctive customer-centric experiences in every interaction, for every guest, each time. In a world where competitors are replicating our strategies, and customers are becoming more discerning than ever, delivering high quality, consistent, branded experiences, powered by intuitive customer-facing products and technology is of utmost importance.
We are building a team of entrepreneurial product leaders, who will embrace bold ideas, push for collaboration, and passionately deliver great product experiences for our customers. We are looking for a committed, analytical, and strategic Product Manager with a specific focus on our search experience both within the browser and using our app. You will craft how customers search and find hotels and ultimately book on our digital platforms. You will work with designers on defining creative customer experiences and coordinate with technical teams to deliver on your vision. You will guide products through the entire development lifecycle, champion your products to partners and be directly responsible for your products' performance.
More specifically, you will:
- Define and prioritize customer experience features related to searching by collaborating with an extended team of designers, developers and business leaders.
- Research and assemble business cases for new product concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical partners.
- Write thorough build out backlogs by creating epics, user stories and acceptance criteria, and ensure that design and technical teams are in lockstep with your requirements.
- Work through bottlenecks, manage issues, anticipate and decide on trade-offs, and ultimately balance business needs with technical and time constraints.
- Organize and track product bugs, and identify areas for further optimization.
- Define a product's key performance indicators, analyze and present metrics post-launch, and quickly act on trends that arise from those metrics.
- Passionately advocate as an evangelist for your assigned product(s).
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Experience in key product management functions, including writing user stories, creating wireframes, market research, and reporting metrics
- Experience rubbing elbows with developers and/or Quality Assurance (QA) in an Agile setting to successfully build a product
- Demonstrated ability to break through ambiguity and thrive in an 'act now', fluid environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret data to back up assumptions and drive recommendations
- Self-starter that possesses a strong product management background and a deep understanding of current web and mobile technologies
- Person, who thinks strategically, but also rolls up his or her sleeves, digs into the weeds and delivers on key results
- Thrives in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and responds positively to ambiguity or contending priorities
- Experience with A/B testing preferred
- Knowledgeable in other functional areas of eCommerce, such as Customer Service, Marketing and/or Finance preferred
- Consistent track record of taking ownership of projects, including defining scope, driving results, and rolling up sleeves to get the job done is preferred
- Regularly able to think high-level and 'in the weeds', with a knack for creative problem-solving preferred
- Proficiency with translating customer needs into business and product requirements with ease is preferred
- Dedication to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to lead multiple projects and responsibilities is preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills preferred
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) years of experience as a Product Manager
- One (1) year of experience in web, mobile or enterprise software development OR two (2) years of related technical experience
- Travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Five (5) years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- Experience with web analytics platforms and/or Adobe Analytics
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, including being adept at parsing large sets of data
- Experience creating high quality Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in an Agile environment
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!