Project Manager (I)
Litigation Support Services
A litigation support professional responsible for promoting and ensuring the effective selection and utilization of current litigation support technologies, and case-specific information management techniques, processes, and tools by litigation teams.
This will include making recommendations to the firm's lawyers and clients for case support strategies and staffing, developing litigation support and discovery approaches and budgets, interfacing with and managing vendors, etc. In addition the LSS Project Manager will often mentor and lead support staff on cases and often participate as a case team member.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise firm lawyers and paralegals at inception of case to determine the appropriate level and nature of LSS involvement, specifically relating to document and information management during discovery through trial support.
- Serve as project leader on assigned cases, and/or act as lead during specific phases of large litigation matters such as discovery, or trial prep and location setup.
- As early as possible in the case lifecycle, work with client representatives, firm lawyers and paralegals, and vendors to assist in hardcopy document and digital content collection, organization, review, distribution or production in connection with litigation matters.
- Ensure that all case content and document management, and database administrative functions are performed to meet the needs of the case teams.
- Coordinate with lawyers, paralegals, and other LSS members, and vendors to ensure the accurate, timely, and efficient management of document review and production.
- Conduct and otherwise participate in the training, coaching, and mentoring of lawyers and paralegals at all levels in the best and most efficient use of the LSS supported software tools and techniques.
- Work with the Director and other LSS members on staffing cases, projects, project plans and budgets for case support, and long-term firm initiatives.
- Participate in the development of more junior LSS staff.
- Coordinate with consultants, vendors, and firm IT staff to ensure proper delivery of services to case teams; stay current on technology and related processes in the industry.
- Perform other duties as directed by LSS or Firm management.
- Excellent understanding of the typical litigation matter process, and of common litigation support, discovery and e-discovery management concepts, procedures, and systems.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience and excellent facility with MS Office and the various common litigation support database software tools and vendors.
- At least 5 years experience in the litigation support or paralegal area of an AMLAW 100 law firm or other similar legal environment, including trial experience.
- Willingness to travel to the firm's other offices and to trial sites as cases or initiatives require.
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university.