Title: Director, Candidate Development
Reporting to: Executive Director, Interim Legal Talent (MLA Interim)
Practice Group: Interim Legal Talent (MLA Interim)
Other Key Relationships:
Local Office Leader
Training and Professional Development Manager
Job Overview: The role of the Director, Recruiting is to source and qualify candidates in a given market to meet current and future client staffing needs.
Role & Responsibilities
- Works with MLA Interim Legal Talent group leadership, Managing Directors (MD) and internal stakeholders to cultivate a strong understanding of the legal market with a particular emphasis on practice areas; business concerns affecting the management and efficiencies of law firms and corporate legal departments; the intersection between the legal and recruiting/search industries; and the strategic utilization of interim resources within these organizations.
- Needs to be candidate focused and driven.
- Works with Managing Directors to build a candidate sourcing strategy to meet client staffing requirements.
- Develops recruiting strategies designed to identify qualified candidates through various sourcing and recruiting tools.
- Makes cold and warm calls to prospective candidates to build a pipeline of candidates to meet current and future clients’ needs.
- Evaluates candidates’ strengths compared with clients’ requirements by screening and interviewing the candidate.
- Provides accurate and thorough documentation of candidate interactions in applicant tracking systems.
- Drafts candidate summaries and/or presentations highlighting strengths and relevant work experience for client consideration.
- Negotiates wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates and gains commitment from candidates for current and/or future job requirements.
- Completes necessary pre-employment processes including reference checks and background/drug tests in compliance with EEOC and other government standards.
- Develops and manages contract employee relationships, post-placement, including assessing and investigating contractor-related problems and administering performance counseling, coaching and disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Manages a demanding schedule including responding to urgent client candidate needs in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Understanding the Industry and Candidate Needs
Work Habits and Approach
MLA Success Factors