Lead Systems Administrator needed for a direct hire opportunity with SOC's client located in Falls Church, Virginia.
ACTIVE Secret clearance REQUIRED!!
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Windows System Administrator (some Linux in environment) working with a large line of business within GDIT that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area. We are seeking energetic, talented individuals that have a desire to help transform customer requirements supporting the mission critical IT service for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
- Lead and participate in execution of the operations and management of a group of Windows Operating Systems: Servers (2008 R2 and 2012 R2) and Workstations (Windows 7 and 10) on both PFPA's Life Safety Backbone (LSB) and Joint Service Provider hosted locations. Includes small number of Linux systems.
- Perform Active Directory Services administration and management to include design, cleanup and routine maintenance and configuration.
- Develop or lead oversight of update, documentation and management of GPOs across complex multiple domain, network environment
- Manage, monitor and respond to alerting for systems and services maintained
- Implement patches and upgrades to ensure server and workstation environment in compliance with DoD STIG and Information Assurance regulations.
- Support implementation of Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Lead or provide oversight to automation of system management and monitoring using SCCM and SCOM
- Participate in System Administration On Call rotational support roster
- Lead and manage oversight of troubleshooting and tiger team resolution of operational issues
- Assist in leading documentation and adherence of operational execution in compliance with program and customer change and configuration management processes and procedures
- Lead or support team in establishing standard operations and maintenance activities and procedures
- Coordinate, monitor and provide status updates for day to day operational concerns to customers and program stakeholders
- Provide tasking and direction to other operational team members in line with Program and Operational leadership and guidance
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 6-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance included Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus
- A combination of experience and strong competence/familiarity in the following areas:
- Experience supporting MS Active Directory services
- Experience supporting MS Server 2012R2
- Experience raising the functional level of a domain to 2012R2
- Experience developing and applying AD GPOs in a DoD environment
- Experience implementing RBAC in a Windows environment
- Experience automating system management and monitoring using SCCM
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise disaster recovery solutions in a virtual environment
- Experience patching Windows systems in a DoD environment
- Experience in a leadership role
- MCSE Server Infrastructure (2012)
- Experience automating system administration tasks using Windows PowerShell
- Experience deploying and supporting SCCM2012R2
- Experience with Linux
- Experience consolidating disparate domains
- Experience supporting MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, or 2014
SOC, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.