From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be in McLean, VA; Memphis, TN; Dallas, TX; or Remote, although the preference is for McLean.***
As a Lead Product Manager, Property Channel at Hilton, you will join the team responsible for building a first in class technology platform that will ensure our global properties can better manage their business. You will work with partners to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business requirements, ensuring they are customizable for each hotel/country; and align with legal, finance, and country regulations specifically as relating to international hotel taxation. You will gather requirements to deliver the financial functionality required to execute and support the property channel technology solution. You will be responsible for the documentation, planning, coordination, prioritization and implementation of the requirements for the financial engine.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead the overall product backlog process, as well as prioritizing items to ensure the team is clear on work priorities.
- Sprint planning and submission of financial tax pod.
- Lead all the relevant ceremonies.
- Handle the quality and quantity of the backlog.
- Work closely with other pods to ensure the engine is in compliance.
- Lead the delivery for the tax engine functionality while identifying and actively mitigating risks/issues.
- Partner with development, QA, and cross pod teams to successfully deliver planned releases.
- Dedicatedly identify work and stretch activities.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Dedicated, ambitious individual with good time management and attention to detail
- Hospitality experience specifically, property operations and finance
- Agile process knowledge
- Requirements gathering experience
- Knowledge of Jira
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
- Excellent general knowledge of IT Standards and methods and specific knowledge of Hilton's IT standards preferred
- Knowledge of the Hotel franchising business is desirable
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Seven (7) years professional experience in Technology or Finance
- Five (5) years of Hospitality Operations or Hospitality Finance experience
- Travel - 30% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Nine (9) years professional experience in Technology or Hospitality
- Three (3) years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!