From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Lead, Product Manager, you will be essential in reducing customer friction by obsessing over and advocating for their needs. You will be responsible for driving the overall product development lifecycle by effectively collaborating with the Design team, Product Engineers, Developers, Project Managers, UAT teams, Brand Teams, Marketing, Loyalty, Commercial and Regional teams.
You will dive into the product and business details, conduct detailed analysis, and will not be afraid to see through the eye of our customers. You will use these data points combined with your technical acumen, to make data-directed decisions to guide and execute product design. You will lead multi-functional teams in an agile development environment guided by a big-picture vision, while living our organizational values.
The Product Ownership team combines user-centered design with business knowledge and agile development to build appealing products that deliver impactful and significant customer experiences.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage the delivery of a variety of projects and sprint planning by defining user stories, goals, timelines, and solutions in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Build and manage multi-functional teams including scrum teams consisting of UI engineers, QA, UX and Visual Designers.
- Use various methods (e.g. user shadowing and feedback) to generate creative ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.), and build positive partnerships with multi-disciplinary teams to integrate design output into business and strategic context.
- Engage and inspire key team members (e.g. business, design, development, etc.) to craft new innovative product features and enhancements to improve user experience.
- Analyze different angles of a product or business opportunity and connect the dots to translate into product functions.
- Define and analyze customer metrics and data to inform features that drive the success of your products and adapt and use findings to optimize the process for future sprints.
- Promote ongoing communication while demonstrating dedication to creatively solve problems.
- Offer foresight into customer trends and tendencies, build inspiring and inspiring customer stories, and concisely present findings in a digestible manner.
- Define and monitor a consistent set of metrics to ensure success of new products.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with intuition for business. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to collaborate effectively and form positive partnerships on large scale projects with team members in diverse groups and levels across a matrixed organization in a virtual environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a bias for action and urgency
- Proven quantitative/analytical skills, strong innovation, judgement, problem solving, and conceptual thinking abilities
- Skilled storytelling abilities with tried experience weaving your in depth knowledge from multiple data sources into a compelling narrative delivered in executive level presentations
- Dynamic and committed change leader with the initiative to build, assess, and course correct as needed
- Self-starter with the ability to move between strategic discussions with leaders, analyze user feedback/data, and translate this into technical designs
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years of related professional experience within a customer centric organization with a purpose of understanding customer needs
- Three (3) years of experience in a Product Management or Product Development role focused on enhancing the customer experience, including analyzing data and gathering knowledge
- Two (2) years crafting positive partnerships with multi-functional teams
- Travel, up to 15% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- Four (4) years of Management experience
- Three (3) years of experience working in Agile Product Management, including writing stories and managing backlogs
- Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope, and prioritize product requirements
- Prior experience in the hospitality or retail industry
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!