Summary of Position Requirements
Primary role will be to work with consultants to obtain the necessary permits and entitlements required to initiate land development, as well as oversee site contractors, schedule utilities and coordinate governmental inspections so home sites are delivered on time and within budget.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful delivery of new projects through use of construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, geotechnical reports, engineering and architectural construction plans and permit compliance reports.
- Manage land development spending within budgets, including developing cash flow and cost to complete projections monthly.
- Review and evaluate development plans for all new communities as well as existing communities, as required.
- Manage development contracts, proposals and other documents required for vendors regarding development of property.
- Review and process all invoices from sub-contractors and consultants for proper approvals.
- Oversee design and construction of on-site amenities including pool/cabana’s, guard houses, entry gates and walls, gates, etc.
- Liaison between sub-contractors, consultants, governing agencies, utility company’s and other individuals and agencies relating to the land acquisition and development department.
- Request development bonds and monitor their release through municipality acceptance.
- Receive all documents for the department to include documentation for on-going projects and properties under due diligence.
- Establish and control land and development department filing systems to include plans and plats.
- Organize both the materials and workflow in the department to facilitate the completion of required tasks.
- Provide internal customer service.
- Responsible for SWPPP management and compliance.
- Primary contact for the community HOA and perform turnover inspections, punch out and acceptance.
- Network with other builders and developers to maintain market awareness; develop contacts to become a strong competitor in Division’s market area.
- Assist Director of Land with updating pipeline reports for each county within the region.
- Contact and meet with developers and land sellers upon manager’s request and regularly update the land pipeline tracking reports.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years in land development
- Minimum two years vertical construction knowledge and scheduling preferred
- Must be able to read, understand and evaluate civil engineering / development plans
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess professional attitude to represent the company in a positive manner
- Ability to perform, in a professional manner, multiple detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Computer literate with ability to work with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of CAD and Build Pro scheduling system preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required