A Major, Lindsey & Africa Interim Legal Talent Client has a need for an Interim In-House Counsel/Contracts Manager. This is a temporary position, with the potential to convert to permanent employment, in Philadelphia, PA.
- Prepare, advise on and negotiate commercial contracts, sales and procurement.
- Review and advise on a variety of project agreements, like Statement of Work, termination
- letters, etc.
- Provide general legal support to across all commercial areas, including liaising with
- internal stakeholders to develop company positions and policies for commercial matters.
- Maintain and develop company contract templates.
- Support the development and implementation of relevant departmental policies and initiatives.
- Provide support to the legal department generally, including research, preparing draft documents, analyzing and summarizing commercial and legal issues.
- Lead negotiations with customers and vendors independently, but with support from the legal department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- This role is either for an experience non-JD contract manager professional or a newly admitted attorney with an interest in contracts and practicing in an in-house role.
- For non-JDs, at least 5 years’ relevant in-house experience covering commercial transitions. For JDs, at least one year of experience with transactional law.
- Experience leading commercial contract negotiations and excellent contract drafting and analysis skills.
- A commercial mindset and strong understanding of how to apply legal services to provide value in a fast-moving business environment
- Strong IT literacy.
- For candidates with a Juris Doctor, licensed and in good standing with the PA bar (or eligible for limited in-house license).
- Experience in an international corporate in-house environment.
- Client and supplier management expertise and people management potential.