Title: Project Manager – Infrastructure / Infosec PM
The IS technical Project Manager (Expert Level) will lead, engage and partner with the RAND groups throughout the organization on multiple initiatives of high complexity, requiring integration across several functional areas and/or organizations. The Project Manager will acquire in-depth knowledge of RAND’s business to continually identify ways to improve RAND’s effectiveness and efficiency.
The Project Manager is responsible for various initiatives, direct subject matter experts, and individual technical contributors. The Project Manager should have hands-on experience developing and implementing solutions in a business environment. The Project Manager will partner effectively with the business staff and researchers within RAND.
The Project Manager position will be involved in all aspects of initiative remediation and pro-active tasks including:
• Assist in periodic or ad-hoc report production to provide relevant situational awareness for business stakeholders
• Assists in the coordination and completion of operations documentation
• Work with the program teams to develop strategies and plans to enforce requirements and address identified risks
• Provide additional support to the RAND Operations and Security Operations Center as needed
The Project Manager will lead & engage across various initiative aspects including product development, product selection, testing, configuration, deployment and support. The Project Manager will be the principal author of many deliverables including business case, requirements, implementation planning and test plans, and will participate and sometimes lead the definition of technical architectures. The Project Manager will also work with team members to help prepare costing, capital requests, metric capture and reporting, and demonstration of value secured. The Project Manager will ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
* Experience with market leading IT systems, cyber security and products
* Experience managing and leading the design, development and deployment of multiple, simultaneous custom, off-the-shelf or cloud-based development or upgrade infrastructure and security related initiatives.
* Proven experience managing and coordinating vendor professional services resources, and internal technical staff to include developers, network engineers, system admins, cyber security specialists, and architects.
* Proven experience managing stakeholder relationships. Experience in complex initiatives within a matrix organization.
* Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills and the ability to secure results through others.
* Proven experience defining and adhering to staff and resource budgets.
* Working knowledge of application, information security and infrastructure architectures, and experience in both in-house developed systems and off-the-shelf applications.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with information technology professionals as well as very well-informed customers.
* Experience with audit readiness and remediation activities related to cybersecurity and security frameworks such as NIST are a plus
* Experience working with cloud architectures and cloud based enterprise deployments are a plus
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject. Strong consideration will be given for advanced degrees in Computer Science, Business, and for related professional certifications.
* Information Security certifications (e.g. CISSP, Security+, CEH etc.) are a plus
Minimum 10 years of IT Project Manager experience required.
Security Clearance is a plus
Citizenship is preferred to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Project, manager, infrastructure, security, clearance, NIST, intrusion detection, audit
Top Skills Details:
- Understands infrastructure and Security and have worked on these types of projects i.e. intrusion prevention, building more robust two factor authentication, DLP, threat detections, audit, remediation, infosec security projects (they also have a national security project and firewall replacement project)
- Able to take ownership of situations and understanding how technology fits into business and understand how they are done in order and at the right time.
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical people and work with business stakeholders and vendors to achieve business objectives
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- *MUST HAVE DOD Security Clearance (active or dormant) - this is so they have the ability to pass DHS test which will take roughly 2 weeks (instead of months)
- Ability to embrace new technology, ramp up on new things
- They are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly regulated environment i.e. US government, Banking, Finance, Legal, Pharma - RAND work in a NIST 800-171 certified compliant environment or DAFAR 171 classified framework (NIST-80053 would be a bonus)
- 100% remote
- Able to run projects simultaneously - each project is at a difficulty level of 3 to 5 / 10 which are both small to medium sized projects - they will be managing roughly around 4 projects at one time
- Must be the type of individual who is great at networking. RAND is a matrixed environment where people must rely on relationships. The right individual for this role will have a well developed LinkedIn profile.
- Looking for candidates to be able to connect with people honestly
- Looking for someone to take charge but are not overbearing,
- They use Jira, Confluence to manage projects,
- Citizenship required so they have the capability to go through government security clearance if hired by RAND at the end of contract and they are deployed on government site
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.