This position manages the operation of the of Network Services, Technical Support, Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), IT Security and Database Administration functions.
The position is responsible for data network planning; network availability and security; local and remote network hardware and software installments; network operations; Wide Area Network (WAN) budgeting and planning and staffing of the Network Services Department. Continuously improve the department processes and procedures. In partnership with the other IS and User Departments, develop, test and maintain the following plans, processes and procedures.
- Establish, support and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Operational Level Agreements (OLA) with the core lines of business.
- Backup and Recovery plans and procedures
- Contingency Operating plans and procedures
- IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- IT Security Standards and Best Practices
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, through a team of IT specialists, a department responsible for the design, planning, installation, implementation and administration of all voice, video, wireless, LAN/WAN devices and resources
- Review and approve recommendations for areas pertaining to specific job functions
- Provide supervision, training, direction and development for a team of WAN/LAN engineers and Analysts, LAN Technicians, IT contractors and DBAs.
- Maintain the department training syllabus
- Develop, document, communicate and enforce the corporate Network/Telecom policies and procedures
- Work on continuous process improvement and progression of the department standards and procedures
- Monitor IT Service desk calls and tickets to assure appropriate action is taken on a timely basis
- Communicate to appropriate management the status of trouble tickets; escalate trouble tickets as necessary
- Work actively in problem management, resolution and prevention
- Responsible for project planning, documentation, and implementation within the department
- Provide weekly updates to management on the status of each project
- Complete weekly management departmental status update reports
- Through formal training and hands-on experience, help all direct reports develop a career path, which is realistic and obtainable through formal training and hands-on experience
- Plan and manage the IS Infrastructure annual budget
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a computer related field
- Must have a strong working knowledge of industry used operating systems and protocols, such as, WIN 10, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, CISCO, Firewalls, CISCO SD and switches, enterprise routers and hubs, cable plant design, LAN and WAN Architectures, etc.
- Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA) - Preferred
- ITIL Framework Fundamental Certification
- One or more of the following CISCO certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCENT, CCDA
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, related hardware and software applications and peripheral devices such as printers and display devices
- Ability to plan and implement projects on time and within budget; proven ability to develop standards and procedures; able to manage a complex environment involving multiple hardware and software components and data communication links
- Must be able to create and present written proposals to upper management using a standard format and language that can be understood
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables; ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers; ability to effectively present information to other managers
- Effectively gather information outside the company through membership in technical and professional societies and by attending conferences sponsored by these professional organizations
- Minimum eight years' experience in Information Systems
- Minimum four years' experience in managing Information Infrastructure Systems staff
- Excellent supervisory and management skills, verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, project management skills, analytical skills for problem determination and resolution, and performance management skills
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.