Leads and directs one or more project teams engaged in the design, implementation and modification of IT projects that span across functional organizations. Prepares project execution plan and identifies appropriate technical and business resources needed for the team. Ensures projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meets technical requirements of the assignment. Keeps current on advances in the field of IT. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
Duties to your teams:
- Organize and facilitate Scrum/Kanban team events
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of making people awesome, experimenting and learning rapidly, making safety a prerequisite, and delivering value continuously
Duties to your Product Owners:
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners and cross-functional development teams on their Agile journey to support development and software delivery
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog and team roadmaps.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
Duties to the organization:
- Work with management on effective team design
- Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Agile practitioners
- Ensure your team works in accordance with their own processes and definitions of ready and done
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of your teams and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Work with other Agile Practitioners to recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice