IT Project Manager
Short term consulting opportunity (3-6 month assignment)
Responsible for organizing and leading technology projects from inception to completion. Accountable for managing the four key elements of all projects: scope, resources, time and budget. The Project Manager coordinates project resources and also facilitate the many relationships within any project—whether with customers, team members, internal and external constituents or any variety of stakeholders—and function as the central point of contact for all project-related information.
- Project Initiation - Assembles the project team, steering committee and governance board. Effectively manages diverse perspectives and conflicts during the assembly of the Project Team. Communicates requirements and set expectations to ensure all team members and stakeholders understand their involvement and roles on the Project.
- Project Planning - Oversees the development of the detailed Project Plan, to include target milestones. Uses the Project Plan throughout the project lifecycle to monitor milestones, deliverables, dependencies and constraints. Develops the communication plan and reports progress to key stakeholders. Conducts Project Team meetings, collaborate with Project Team members to build consensus on challenging issues, and monitor the completion and delivery of work products.
- Project Management and Control - During the management and control phase of the project; identifies, tracks, manages, mitigates and resolves project issues and risks. Disseminates Project information and report progress to key stakeholders and Project Team members. Update the Project Plan and monitors work efforts to ensure project outputs are of acceptable quality. Addresses the deviations from the Project Plan and ensure stakeholders approve any changes to project scope.
- Project Conclusion - Coordinates all Project work and ensure Project delivered on time and within budget. Documents results and lessons learnt and deliver a final Project Report to key stakeholders.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or an approved related field
- Preferred: PMI Certification and/or Scrum Certification
- Position requires a broad-based understanding of the organization’s business and its information needs; demonstrated understanding of the opportunities to enhance business effectiveness through project management best practices; and demonstrated skills in managing a large complex projects.
- Effective project leadership and management principles and best practices
- Principles and best practices of budgeting (operating and capital), communication, contracting, information technology, resourcing, performance standards, and business processes to achieve optimal project outcomes.
- Conceive, express and promote a project “vision” and strategic direction in Software product development and technology infrastructure services including Networks, information Security, Telephony etc.
- Manage complex Projects that further the long term objectives of the organization by identifying which quality standards are relevant to the Project and determining how to satisfy them, by evaluating overall Project performance on a regular basis to provide confidence that the Project will satisfy the relevant quality standards, and by monitoring specific Project results.
- Represent and speak for the Project Team and its work, e.g., presenting, explaining, promoting, defining, and negotiating with those within and outside the Project Team by making clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals and groups, by listening effectively and clarifying information, by partnering effectively on the goals and deliverables of the Project.
- Project Management Methodologies
- Project Management Tools
- System Development Life Cycle knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Work requires a minimum of seven (7) years of progressive project management experience in a healthcare management environment
- Experience with MS Projects as well as cloud based collaborative project management tools is desirable
- Experience in Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban etc. and agile delivery tools is desirable
Mental and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.