1.) PMP Certification Required
2.) 5+ Years of Project Management experience
The Project Manager should be well versed in, and have led, both Traditional and Agile project methodologies with a focus on delivery by Third Party Vendors. The selected candidate is responsible for successfully planning, leading, organizing, and motivating these diverse project teams throughout all phases of the Commonwealth Standard for Project Management: Preselect, Initiation, Planning, Execution and Control, and Closeout, and ultimately for delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to the Commonwealth's internal and external stakeholders.
* Coordinate Vendors, consultants, and The client's IT/Business staff in the execution of projects including contract management and working with the procurement office.
* Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work.
* Facilitate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for completion of a project.
* Oversee and manage execution and/or coordination of day-to-day project activities as required.
* Manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including executive management, business management, vendors, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management.
* Set project goals that are consistent with business objectives.
* Track and communicate project's progress from a schedule, cost, and risk perspective to the project team, customers, and project stakeholders.
* Adapt project specifications, plans, and approach to the different concerns and expectations of stakeholders.
* Drive consistent project delivery through the entire project lifecycle, including: definition of project plans, resource allocation, and management of project risks, scope, schedule, and delivery of value.
* Monitor progress by third-party vendors; Define and measure progress with metrics.
* Develop and maintain project budget, plans, tasks, schedules, risks, and status, to include resource allocation and schedules.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong Experience in developing, executing, and managing Third-Party/Vendor-led Projects.
* Strong Experience in developing, executing, and managing RFIs, RFPs, SORs/SOWs, and associated contractual artifacts.
* Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
* Strong verbal/written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to simplify and communicate complex issues to multiple audiences.
* Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices, and manage their expectations.
* Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures and methods.
* Ability to balance both business and technical backgrounds in order to provide highly credible leadership to technology teams.
* Ability to define and balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
* Ability to analyze and document business and system processes.
* Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices. In addition, the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a particular project and business environment.
* Knowledge of process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices.
* Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies on enterprise-level application development projects.
* Fluency in Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.