Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Savannah, GA 31407
Duration: 06 Months
- Project management experience specific to infrastructure (network, compute, storage, deskside) projects preferred.
- Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- The Project Manager is responsible for defining the projects objectives and providing day-to-day coordination to ensure quality control throughout the projects life cycle.
- Develops individual group project plans (project work scope, task descriptions, budget estimates and manpower requirements) to meet objectives and commitments.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors master project schedule.
- Defines and implements project standards and processes for structuring all IT projects, including process/documentation evaluation and improvement.
- Tracks projected vs actual project performance and informs management of accomplishments and major problem areas as well as budget & schedule status.
- Develops and executes enterprise-wide communication plan as related to milestones via status reports, and presentations suitable for all levels of management and staff.
- Conducts post implementation project reviews to evaluate sustaining support and document lessons learned.
- Develops project documents through work with business analyst, technical and customer contacts.
- Maintains current knowledge of technical and process developments in the project management arena.
- Maintains and analyzes project budget.
- A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in managing and monitoring the work of team members and ability to provide project leadership and training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted Project Management principles and practices.
- Excellent analytical skills with special attention to detail.
- Ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams and meetings.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to successfully build teams and foster an atmosphere of collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with managers, directors, a diverse department, and a variety of internal and external customers.
- Works to resolve resource constraints by levelling resources in project planning activities.
- Works to secure funding from project sponsors for unbudgeted efforts.
- Identifies/escalates issues as necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation design and delivery skills.
- A Master’s degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.