IT Project Manager- Up to 110K Base
Outstanding Company- Great Benefits- Amazing Culture
**Must have Orable EBS/Financials experience
The IT Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities and resources of the IT organization to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prearranged time frames and within funding parameters. The incumbent will be responsible for managing small to medium-sized project teams that develop and carry out internal IT projects for assigned business unit(s). The IT Project Manager facilitates the resource management process by tracking resource skills, committed effort, actual effort, and administering the resource scheduling system.
- Review project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmental resources to various phases of project.
- Assist other project management personnel in creating time block and/or actual work plans for their assigned projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Administer the resource management scheduling system
- Update portfolio-level project status summaries weekly for IT and business managers
- Utilize BI (Business Institute) tools to analyze resource metrics (actual and planned) and provide visibility of resource utilization and/or availability to IT management
- Manage small to medium-sized internal systems/application development projects within assigned areas from inception to successful implementation:
- Define project objectives, scope, and level of effort
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel
- Establish work plan for each phase of project, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Develop project strategies and plans, and identify the methods and tools required for the project
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required
- Prepare project status reports for management, business unit leaders, and IT management
- Monitor project progress against plan
- Communicate any project issues including timing, budget, resources, scope and more, to IT management and project sponsor.
- Collaborate closely with other teams on enterprise projects.
- Adhere to best project management practices and methodologies such as PMI (Professional Management Institute) standards or similar.
- Strong project management skills which include: experience in organizing, planning, and executing small to medium-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Prior experience with MS Project Server or comparable resource scheduling tool is preferred
- At least 5 - 7 years of experience in a project-oriented environment is required (within an IT environment, strongly preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience with Oracle EBS/Financials
- International experience preferred