IT Manager, Networking
The IT Networks Manager will provide management of the company's LAN/WAN infrastructure. This is a leadership role. This position is responsible for capacity planning, change control, and circuit / device inventory control in addition to monitoring the integrity, security, and reliability of the company's LAN/WAN/SD-WAN/WLAN. Leading a team of full-times, contractors, and 3rd-party vendors. The IT Networks Manager will perform analysis of network needs and contribute to the design of network architecture, integration and installation. Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations. Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements. Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products. Provide oversight, escalation, and ownership of a third-party business as usual partner (BAU) regarding network, voice, and security. Must be able to work independently and with peers, customers, and supplier teams; to prioritize numerous deliverables on multiple projects; and interface directly with all levels of management. The Networks Manager should have some systems administration skills and basic proficiency in Windows and Linux operating systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Troubleshoots escalated, complex problems, recommends, coordinate with BAU partner to implements solutions
- Analyzes service level exceptions and identifies trends, review BAU provided Root Cause Analysis & SLA Impact analysis, and coordinates among appropriate teams for resolution
- Prepares & reviews monthly service level exceptions report with management. Develops monthly operational graphs.
- Recommends improvements based off metric data to ensure quality standards are developed and adhered to
- Lead the management effort of Optical Networking, Unified Messaging, VOIP, and IP based video conferencing and collaboration applications.
- Conducts performance tuning activity, and provide recommendations to management
- Maintains accurate hardware & software inventory and maintenance contracts
- Exercises judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
WORK EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong analysis and implementation experience with various networking solutions and protocols including:
- BGP, OSPF, Software-defined networking, VLANs, MPLS, GRE, Multicast and QOS Administration/configuration of hubs, switches, routers, and firewalls
- DNS, DHCP, LDAP, TCP/IP, SNMP
- Strong analysis and implementation experience with Cisco UCS
- Solid network engineering skills with emphasis in networking and telecom
- Experience with LAN/WAN hardware; ability to configure and troubleshoot Cisco routers and switches,
- Experience with Aruba wireless networks (Aruba Central is preferred)
- Experience with firewalls (Palo Alto is preferred)
- Experience with SD-WAN (VMWare VeloCloud is preferred)
- Experience with application load balancers (F5 Networks LTM and AP)
- Familiarity with networking and security challenges of implementing and maintaining Cloud services
- Experience utilizing and administrating PCI enforced network
- Familiarity with General Audit & Controls such as SOX/HIPAA/PCI
- Systematic and methodical approach to implementing instructions with attention to detailed tasks; ability to clearly articulate plans/approach for operational opportunities
- Good oral and written skills as this position involves working with a diverse team of experienced professionals, customers, and vendors
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting them and training staff
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Works well in an interrupt-driven role
- Solid interpersonal skills, ability to work well with other IT personnel as well as end users, vendors & contractors.
- Accountable for meeting milestones and deadlines
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
Required: CCNP. Highly desirable but not required: CCIE, ITIL, CISSP
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 68231 when responding to this ad.