Our client, an industry leader, has an immediate need for an IT Manager for databases and backup/recovery solutions. This is a DIRECT HIRE, PERMANENT job, not a contract. Visa sponsorship is NOT available; candidates MUST be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP, not and IN FUTURE. This role is located in Charlotte, NC. Relocation assistance is available to candidates outside the Charlotte metro area.
In this role, you will be responsible for the database environment (Oracle with some SQL Server instances, middleware solutions using WebLogic, Oracle E Business Suite) and for ensuring the availability, performance tuning, and backup/recovery of the environment.
- Manage the performance, security and stability of database and middleware environments.
- Ensure that upgrades ad version updates are done keeping business priorities in mind.
- Partner with other IT departments to support the business needs
- Manage the database and middleware team for both tasks and administrative management (hire/fire, reviews)
- Conduct security and compliance reviews for the middleware/database environments
- Assist IT audit teams as needed, coordinate tasks as required from those reviews and audits
- Participate in design and implementation of business continuity planning.
- Perform periodic security and compliance reviews for applications and databases.