From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Cluster IT Manager, you will provide technical and telecommunications leadership to the properties within the cluster. Your leadership will include effectively communicating, managing, and delivering systems and procedures that align with Corporate and Brand IT and Telecom standards. You will manage project plans and deliver the implementation and upgrades of major systems to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
You will also support hotels within your cluster with business solutions such as installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware to ensure optimal performance. In addition to this, you will support the troubleshooting of problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, providing end-user training and assistance.
More specifically, you will:
- Set up and maintain computer software and hardware for Team Members.
- Direct, set up, maintain, and monitor property servers including back-ups, property LAN performance, telecom systems, and workstations.
- Administrate hotel systems including supporting the hotel IDM Administrator. You will assist with registration as required.
- Collaborate with HSC and all vendors to ensure the timely resolution of IT issues.
- Act upon support calls passed by Hilton Support Center (HSC) for systems and applications not supported by HSC or that require onsite support by Cluster IT.
- Use network-monitoring tools to perform periodic health check of systems.
- Run and monitor PBX system performance to assure reliable and uninterrupted operation of hotel telephone communications.
- Watch and solve problems related to the entire communications system to resolve if problem is telephone hardware or cable.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to figure out efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs while facilitating correction of PBX alarm conditions.
- Deliver training to new users, relocating existing users with telephone extensions, calling features, voicemail and access codes.
- Oversee monthly company cell phone usage and equipment, ensuring that the most cost-effective plans available are utilized.
- Monitor proper controls to make sure that all hotels meet SOX, PCI and PABP security requirements. This includes evaluating systems to help hotels comply with corporate standards.
- Research and identify business opportunities for technology. This includes reporting your findings and conclusions to upper management.
- Assist in setting the overall technical vision of regional properties.
- Evaluate property needs and technology solutions to improve profit and/or efficiency while leading initiatives within parameters.
- Maintain documentation through Hilton's internal systems (Team Sites) for each cluster property.
- Prepare a status report of all activities in the hotels as requested.
- Work within the defined IT budgets for each property as prepared by you, the Area IT Manager or the Regional Director.
- Contribute to Executive Committee, departmental, and operations meetings as appropriate. This includes attending Regional IT meetings and periodic Cluster team meetings.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Project management with an aptitude for implementing and leading departmental processes, procedures, and objectives to ensure success
- Collaborative teamwork that brings to bear positive partnerships with vendors, corporate IT teams, and hotel Team Members
- Problem solvers, who guide the department's progress and who advise on key issues to facilitate the way we make decisions
- Supporters of ongoing training and building a Culture of Learning
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Two (2) years in Information Technology or experience in a comparable telecom field
- Two (2) years in the hospitality, retail, or related industries in the IT support field
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years in the hospitality industry or related IT field
- Five (5) years' experience in hotel operations
- Cisco or Microsoft certifications
- Experience administering networks in a Windows Server/Workstation environment, preferably in an environment with more than 50 nodes and 2 or more domains (Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations)
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications (applicable Microsoft network admin certifications: MCSA or MCSE)
- Experience with the following Hospitality related applications and systems: PMS, POS, Keycard, PBX, Voicemail
- Experience as team lead, supervisor, or project manager
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!