The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, workforce planning, and organizational change). Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives. Plays a tactical role in administering talent management and succession planning activity within client organization. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving. The successful HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent for our Colorado Springs location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the HR team, performs the various human resource processes that support the organization, including but not limited to:
- Develop required knowledge of the affected businesses to fully understand the organizational impact across all functions, and assess impact on the affected organizations and their respective workforce.
- Provide direct HR support to functions of the business, working with the Supervisors/Managers to identify and address performance issues and ensure operational HR is delivered effectively.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives to enhance overall business performance.
- Organize and run new hire orientation with the support of our HR team.
- Manage Career Fair participation and our Internship program.
- Consult with management, providing HR guidance on company policies as well as state and federal law.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide performance management guidance to management which includes but is not limited to coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions and involuntary terminations when needed.
- Support the delivery of the Performance Management process and associated activities within the established system to ensure consistency
- Utilize and leverage YOH for recruitment, sourcing strategies, and to identify and recruit the best fit candidates.
- Manage HR metrics to drive business strategy.
- Work with the leadership and talent team to support talent management processes within the Site, e.g. Succession Planning, Career Planning and the Cobham Development programs.
- Understand the long term business plan to obtain synergies.
- Work with stakeholders on strategic initiatives and ad-hoc projects in service of organization development.
- Undertake special projects as needed by the business.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically supports client groups of non-exempt, exempt and management-level employees; may support multiple client groups; provides advice, direction and leadership to less experienced staff members; may act as a supervisory employee; establishes strategies, policies and processes for specialty area and makes policy and process recommendations in all areas of department function; may represent company to external contacts such as vendors or government agencies.
- Communication and Analytical skills: Analytical skills and ability to present solutions to issues in a concise manner to varying levels of leadership - Ability to operate independently, yet collaborate as an effective team member - Experience in Organizational Development, Leadership Coaching, Workforce Planning and Management, and Compensation is highly desired.
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface, proficient use of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP.
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellence Behaviors: Remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.