Dynamic and detail oriented accounting position, requiring an understanding of general ledger accounting coupled with knowledge of large company business processes. In this role, you'll research and collect large volumes of ERP data, perform advanced functions within MS Excel and effectively communicate through written and verbal channels while embracing a team-environment. Your primary focus in this role is on internal financial reporting and analysis across various Insight departments.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
* 4 years of experience in Accounting & Finance functions.
* Strong accounting and analytical skills.
* Strong knowledge of GAAP.
* Possess a strong desire for process improvement and ability to adapt to a growing and changing environment.
* Experience manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
* Ability to generate and update process documentation, including the purposes of journal entries and reconciliations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with various organizational levels.
* Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, deadline orientated environment.
* Advanced MS Excel skills.
* Working knowledge of large company ERP systems.
* SAP/ BPC a plus.
* Fixed Assets accounting experience a plus.
* Prepare journal entries related to operating and corporate expenses, intercompany transactions, and various expense accruals.
* Complete balance sheet account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
* Prepare departmental financial statements and review with department management.
* Perform income statement and balance sheet analytics and provide fluctuation explanations.
* Assist with internal and external audit requests related to responsibilities.
* Identify and drive continuous process improvement efforts.
* Perform other duties as assigned by accounting management.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.