TEKsystems is partnering with a large enterprise client here in the northern suburbs in search of an IT healthcare/ pharmaceutical project manager.
Rate will vary based on experience. Candidates must be local to the Chicagoland area. Must work W2 NO C2C.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to learn more details. Many candidates will apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted about their applications.
Project Manager description:
- POSITION SUMMARY
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for planning, leading, and coordinating activities of technology projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished by performing all project management duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The role holder will keep management, clients and other stakeholders informed of project status and related issues.
2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - (KEY ACTIVITIES)
* Consult with stakeholders, senior management and business leaders and key staff members across the global business to collect project requirements.
* Review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, and procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of resources.
* Develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
* Conduct business analysis research to formulate and define technical scope and objectives of projects.
* Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
* Act as point of contact between business personnel and IT delivery staff; PM is the key liaison between delivery personnel and project owners.
* Lead and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and answer questions related to project detail and deliverables.
* Adhere to the project governance framework for project reporting and documentation.
* Drive project delivery to meet the agreed scope covering time, quality and budget.
* Review status reports prepared by project personnel, modify schedules and plan as required.
* Prepare project status reports and keep management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
* Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
* Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
* Monitor project results against technical specifications.
* Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
* Apply technical knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
* Effective record management through documenting meetings, action items and quarterly objectives
* Works proactively and uses own initiative to ensure business needs are met effectively
* Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies and procedures.
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices.
* Responsibility to understand and maintain awareness of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job.
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Experience of project management within demanding post-merger/acquisition environment, including the technical competencies associated with assessing solutions fitness-for-purpose to meet business needs, the segregation of applications and infrastructure, and partnering with high profile business and IT sponsors
* Experience of operating effectively in a project management function in a culturally diverse business environment.
* Strong project management and planning skills, able to manage simultaneous projects in a complex environment, effectively create and manage project teams, and develop and maintain productive project team environments.
* Ability to write concise, informative and compelling documentation.
* Strong customer service orientation, able to understand and meet the needs of a diverse client base in a positive and professional manner.
* Proactive and result-oriented, with proven ability to prioritize and organize a challenging workload, adapting to fit the changing needs of the business
* Effective communicator with highly developed verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to explain complex, technical issues in a way that non-technical people can understand.
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, with strong collaboration, facilitation and negotiation abilities.
* Systems thinking- the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
* Knowledge of and ability to ensure adherence to project/solution related compliance requirement.
* Comfortable with conflict - willingness to challenge 'conventional thinking''.
* Proficient in delivering presentations and workshops, able to engage and motivate diverse audiences.
* Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment.
* Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.