Senior Systems Analyst - HRIS
Summary: As a member of the Firm's Systems, Reporting and Analysis Group, the Senior Systems Analyst partners with HR team to leverage the return on the Firm's HRIS technology investments. This position serves as a technical point of contact for functional areas and assists other subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Serve as an HR business analyst and subject-matter expert on projects; work with functional users to understand, define, and document requirements and processes; prepare system requirements and specifications, keeping the best interests of the firm and HR system structure in mind
- Responsible for testing functionality, performance and usability during system upgrades and patches; create test scenarios for end-users to confirm all processes work accordingly to predetermined goals
- Responsible for verifying validity of data entered into HR system to ensure data integrity
- Establish an understanding of how processes and system modifications affect downstream processes and systems and how system and/or process changes are affected by global cultures and requirements.
- Recommend new HRIS strategies to better support firm management and executive level decision-making; perform fit/gap analysis as required
- Recommend process improvements and/or innovative solutions to solve problems identified by functional users
- Ensure proper maintenance of system configuration and data management -- table structures, data fields, code definitions, security matrices, and system interfaces
- Ensure business process and system related functions are in alignment for maximized effectiveness and efficiencies
- Provide technical support and conduct data integrity analysis for annual HR related activities such as benefits open enrollment periods and annual performance evaluations; handle various imports and exports as required
- Assist mass organization communication and document distribution for instances similar but not limited to 401(k) contribution and payments
- Design, develop, and generate reports and statistical summaries related to employee skills, compensation data and other employee related information; assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer and vendor needs
- Generate reports needed to respond to compensation, benefits, diversity and other general law firm surveys as well as annual EEO-1 report and affirmative action surveys.
- Provide general support for the HR department, including researching and resolving data issues, performing scheduled activities, recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements, and configuring system tables
- Develop system administration documentation; prepare user-level system guidelines/documentation; train users on new processes/functionality
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum 7+ years HR system administration/support experience required; experience maintaining system and business functions in complex and global environments preferred
- Strong understanding of HR business processes and how to maximize use of HRIS technology for efficiency and accuracy
- Strong technical/programming skills required; MS Access, Transact-SQL, Cognos, Crystal Reports or other report writing software.
- Strong understanding of HR System database design including table structures, business rules, functions, and processes; experience with database tools.
- Demonstrated success and experience managing technology projects with responsibility for project planning, requirements gathering, change management, business process change, and delivery coordination
- Proficient working with large amounts of data, ensuring data integrity throughout the system and any associated data feeds from other sources; demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Able to identify opportunities for automation to improve efficiency and the data integrity of HR system processes
- Possess the ability to think analytically through complex HR related and general business issues; attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Organized, possesses strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently still meeting deadlines
- Motivated self-starter with a willingness to learn; demonstrated ability to be successful whether working independently or in a team environment; demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with a wide range of individuals up to and including senior management