MarketSource Inc., an Allegis Group Company, is the proven alternative to outsourcing sales. MarketSource's Proprietary Process, Empowered People, and Proven Performance enable the delivery of innovative B2B and Retail sales solutions for many of the world's most respected brands and a diverse mix of forward-thinking small and medium businesses.
Companies count on MarketSource to accelerate their speed to market, improve their ability to scale, enhance their sales focus, increase their flexibility, and expand their capabilities. MarketSource solutions enable companies to gain new customers, launch new products, grow market share, optimize sales expense, and maximize mature products.
MarketSource is currently seeking an HRM (HR Manager) to join our team.
The Human Resources Manager serves as the primary consultant to an assigned customer base, focused on providing both strategic and tactical support. The HRM provides customers with a full range of HR support, including Performance Management, Employee Relations, Talent Review/Succession Planning, Organizational Design, D&I Support, Employee Engagement, and Policy Interpretation. The HRM with all other HR service providers will deliver seamless HR assistance and support to MarketSource clients and employees. This position reports to the HR Director.
* Maintains an effective level of business acumen about their customer's performance, strategy (short and long term), culture, priorities, challenges and strengths
* Serves as primary consultant and liaison with assigned customer base; accountable for ensuring HR solutions are adding value to the customer
* Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR Services to develop effective solutions, programs and policies that drive business growth, revenue and/or efficiencies
* Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and communicate the needs proactively within the HR department and to the customer
* Ensures consistent application of HR Policy guidance and interpretation; ensure HR processes are optimized in assigned customers
* Serves as a change agent to optimize organizational effectiveness with all assigned customers focusing on initiatives that improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and employee retention
Supports the Talent Review/Succession Planning process and ensures an effective business and HR strategy in place for key positions within assigned customer base
* Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs; work with TD team to ensure effective development plans are in place
* Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation; ensure HR processes are optimized in assigned customers
Assess/recommend salaries for new hires, promotions, transfers as required
* Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures
* Maintains in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
* Approves decisions to involuntarily terminate employees; partner with legal department as needed/required
Manages resolution of complex employee relation issues for assigned customers; ensure investigations are effective, thorough, objective and timely
* Participates in career development issues, discussing career paths with line managers and recommending suitable candidates for promotion
* Investigates and advises both management and employees on employee relation issues related to salary, promotion, disciplinary action, terminations and harassment
* Conducts manager feedback and coaching meetings with new managers and their teams; coaches managers on development initiatives
* Conducts job evaluations as needed
Supervisory or Management Responsibility/Decision Making Level:
* Directly manages one or more HR Generalists (HRGs) or HR Coordinators (HRCs) who carry out regulatory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor 's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field required
* Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or some other related field, preferred
* PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred
* Minimum of 5-7 years HR (or related business) experience encompassing multiple human resource disciplines including employee relations, organizational development and design, talent development, performance management and other generalist responsibilities
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* Strong employee relations and investigation experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to include professional-level position statement writing
* Proven history of successful legal mediation in cases regarding EEO, workers' compensation, unemployment, etc. (writing sample may be requested)
* Proven ability to influence senior level leaders
* Strong conflict management and negotiation skills
* Excellent interpersonal and consulting skills
* Proven business acumen skills
* Experience developing trusted relationships with senior leaders
* Demonstrated ability to develop and implement HR strategies to address business challenges
* Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities
* Adaptable and flexible in crafting 'win-win' solutions to complex problems
* Self-directed, motivated and engaged; willing and able to commit the time necessary to accomplish position objectives
* Initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation; the ability to innovate and develop creative solutions to complex situations
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
Our goal is to unleash potential together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn't just encouraged-it's expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
If you are a passionate Human Resources Generalist looking to work in a fun and rewarding position, please apply today! You don't want to miss out on this opportunity!
MarketSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
San Fran Candidates only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles Candidates only: We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 877-883-4575.