Jr. Human Resources Business Partner
Well known global company specializing in galvanizing and engineered services is looking for and Jr. HR Business Partner to join their corporate office team. If you are comfortable thinking outside the box and counseling field managers on an daily basis, if you can remain calm, cool and collected under stress, if you are a confident and dependable Jr. HR business professional seeking to work with other like-minded individuals, then this may be the job for you.
This intermediate level position is responsible for providing day to day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following: employee and labor relations, benefits, recruiting, compensation, training, payroll, safety and workers' compensation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
- Assists all regions through all human resources related policy adherence and personnel activities within applicable subsidiaries.
- First line mediator who provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation to all applicable subsidiary personnel.
- Coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Coordinates any type of benefits, open enrollment and leave of absence with Corporate Human Resources.
- First line contact for employee relation issues and workers' compensation claims.
- Conducts HR audits at subsidiary plants verifying compliance with personnel files, poster requirements and policy adherence. Also responsible for Galvanizing division recruiting.
- Examines employee records in order to process and verify employee activities.
- Generates monthly reports and distributes information to designated personnel.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality in all HR-related issues.
- Assists with projects and additional tasks as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable):
- Not applicable however; position will indirectly report to Corporate Human Resources.
- Basic office equipment (personal computer, fax machine, telephone, copy machine, digital scanner, postage machine, printer, calculator). Microsoft Office Products including, Excel, Word and Outlook. Other software includes Oracle.
- A Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification is preferred. A valid driver's license under no type of suspension is required. A valid passport may be required.
- However, this candidate must be detail oriented; work in a team environment, ability to efficiently plan, organize and complete work assignments within a specific timeframe all while handling multiple tasks at one time. Advanced office skills are required. Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office products and have familiarity with Internet. Must possess excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- A minimum of three to five years of human resource experience is required. A high school diploma or GED is required. An Associates degree or higher is preferred but not required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic familiarity with employment regulations such as but not limited to: FLSA, OSHA, FMLA, ADA, and WARN.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (oral and written) is highly preferred but not required. Oral comprehension and expression. Ability to read and write.
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest and percentages, basic algebra.