Seeking a Subject Matter Expert within the Electrical Engineering/Power field for a large Aerospace/Defense client. This position is fully remote but the client is located in Syracuse, NY.
- Application of engineering principles and techniques to develop the architecture and detailed design of complex power systems/subsystems for ground, shipboard and airborne radars.
- Selecting and proposing methods and techniques for the development of power generation, conversion, conditioning, monitoring and distribution for complex radar systems.
- Developing system requirements, architecture and interfaces for complex radar systems.
- Perform detailed design functions including component selection, load calculations, power budgets, subcontract product specifications and design layout for electrical systems.
- Coordinating with and managing electrical system suppliers in the development, integration, and testing of power system components.
- Leading small technical teams to achieve program objectives.
- Provide effective communication between functional management, functional teams, customers, contractors and suppliers.
- Assisting in the planning of tasks and collection/reporting of execution metrics.
- Applying work experience to identify and contribute to process improvements.
- 6+years of experience within EE/Power
- Experience working with MIL-STD
- Requirement development experience (this is important for developing and procuring custom power system components)
- Board level dc/dc power conversion design experience
- Power conditioning experience
- Lead experience
Please send me an updated copy of your resume to be considered for this opportunity.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.