Financial Systems Manager
The Financial Systems Manager will provide technical support for all software applications used by the Accounting department. This position will support all financial systems attached to the core accounting functions - General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Expense Reimbursement as well as reporting. In this role, the manager will develop automated reporting solutions using SQL, SSRS, Tableau, and other reporting applications and will work in collaboration with operations to analyze systems performance, support data integrity, and adhere to timely report distribution. This position will supervise a team of financial and system analysts.
- Bachelor's Degree in a finance-related field, Information Systems, or Computer Science; 5+ years in job related role showing progressive growth in responsibilities; minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- Knowledge of report development tools, desktop applications, and concepts of relational database technology.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decisionmaking skills; detailed-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive, possess written and oral communications skills to clearly and concisely summarize conclusions and observations to senior/executive management.
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience implementing data management solutions is a plus.
- SQL, VBA, SSRS, XML, and/or similar tools.
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau or similar) is a plus.
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills; proficient in developing complex formulas, and using advanced level features.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software Upgrades/Implementations: Serve as project lead for system projects in varied complexities and sizes. Contribute to evaluation and product selection as well as the decision making process to procure the best suited solution. Assess scope, develop high level project plans, contribute to design sessions, evaluate systems configurations, and advise as needed on best practices. Assist in developing detailed functional testing scenarios for existing and new functionality during implementations/upgrades. Build strong and cooperative relationships with other departments that contribute to Request For Proposals, such as Pricing, Accounting, the Office of General Counsel, Information Technology, and others. Maintaining Accounting software applications is required.
- Operational Functions: Responsible for the accounting month-end close system process to include balancing for WIP, AR, and GL data as well as researching data discrepancies with functional managers. Provide in-house user support for issue resolution. Open support incidents with vendors, follow-up with functional owners, troubleshoot, and escalate as necessary. Evaluate incidents to identify patterns and raise potential bugs with vendor. Manage routine change management process for all requested enhancements which will include functional testing, data validation, communicating downtime to users, and migrating changes to production.
- Data Integrity: Responsible for the accuracy and data integrity of the Firm's core financial database systems (3E, Chrome River, ARCS, etc.). Ensure calculations, business rules, and workflows are appropriately configured. Responsible for maintaining each application's security structure based on enduser roles and responsibilities. In conjunction with IT, ensure applications set-ups are complete and system controls are properly implemented. Perform quality assurance, security, and data integrity checks regularly.
- Data Management and Reporting: Develop informative and interactive financial reporting solutions and dashboards for functional managers and Firm leadership. Design and create custom reports and ad hoc SQL queries to disseminate pertinent data in an automated fashion. Monitor reporting needs and manage the design and development of reporting tools and distribution methods, acting as liaison between key functional users and the technical staff who support them. Design data architecture to adequately support new interactive reporting solutions.
- Automation/Process Improvement: Examine current processes against operational requirements to improve efficiencies. Identify opportunities to increase automation, streamline reporting practices, improve accuracy, and reduce the amount of time required to complete specific tasks.
Reports To: Director, Financial Systems & Reporting