Top Three Skills:3-5+ years of experience managing a team
Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or accounting
5 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role
Job Description: This is an opportunity to manage an accounting team, including development, implementation and maintenance of business systems while providing leadership, and guidance for the development and motivation of the team. The key performance objectives for this position are described below:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* People Management The performance and development of the Finance team requires exceptional leadership. The Finance Manager must also excel at all levels of communication to achieve a long term rapport and working relationship with their direct reports and peers, while building trust within the organization. The development of the team will be accomplished through mentorship, guidance, and assisting staff members with defining and achieving goals while realizing their potential. Leaders must exemplify the company values and behaviors, ensure their team fully understands and follows them in their day-to-day work.
* Manage accounting systems including Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures.
* Designs operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency
* Ensures integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of financial analysts.
* Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue.
* Responsible for complying with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 requirement as related to revenue recognition
* May work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper record keeping for historical purposes
Work Environment: Reports to VP of Finance, Manages a team of 7 (AP, Payroll, 5FA's)
Qualifications: -High-Tech industry is preferred, but not required. Industry experience is not a high priority for this role.
-Expert in Excel
Performance Expectations: Best Vs. Average: The priority of this role is to be a people manager, so someone who can coach, lead, share guidance. Provide disciplinary action as needed. Someone who is passionate about people development. Gives and receives feedback.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.