MUST APPLY FIRST AT > http://apply.securitasjobs.com
May be required to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officer if performing functions, within the scope of such requirements.
- Must have Fire Safety Directors license, and be EAP certified.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn fire inspection operations, and procedures.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organizations.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizations skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively as various social levels, and across diverse cultures.
Inspects grounds, building, and other infrastructure to detect fire hazards in order to protect life and property on client site. Acts to enforce client safety standards and local regulations. May perform other inspections, and safety duties. May perform other security services as required for the site.
- Test and cleans equipment, such as air compressors, fire extinguishers and other fire protections devices to ensure conformance to fire and safety standards.
- Discusses violations and unsafe conditions with site representative; makes recommendations, and provides instruction in fire safety practices.
- As authorized, issue permits, and acts to enforce site fire protections standards.
- Prepares reports, such as inspections performed, standards violations, and recommendations for eliminating fire hazards.
- Maybe called upon to perform fire-fighting duties during emergencies.
- May train others in fire emergency response plans.
- May investigate and gather facts to determine cause of fires and explosions.
- May perform other inspections, and safety duties as required for the site(s).
- May perform additional security services functions, as permitted under any required Security Officer license and as specified for the assigned site(s), in addition to Fire Inspector duties.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned site(s).
EOE – AAP M/F/D/V