Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA) is the world's largest and most respected attorney search firm. Our Law Firm Management Practice (LFM) specializes in placing business professionals across the law firm management suite. Our specialty includes 'chiefs' and 'directors' of operations, finance, marketing, business development, strategy, pricing, human resources, recruiting and professional development, technology, knowledge management, and practice management.
We are currently seeking to add an experienced search professional to the LFM team. Ideally, this professional will ideally be located on the West Coast, or will have a strong understanding of and network within the West Coast legal market. This position will focus on recruiting “chief” and “director” level management professionals for law firms and will report to our Global Law Firm Management Practice Leader, Amanda Brady, who brings nearly 20+ years of executive and legal search experience, most of which have focused on building executive management teams for AmLaw 100 and 200 firms.
Amanda Brady web bio:
- 10+ years’ C level sales experience, including at least five years selling into the legal industry
- Proven ability to develop business, including gaining repeat business from clients
- Demonstrated experience scoping projects, developing project strategies, and then executing same
- Experience working with lawyers and law firms
- Experience successfully negotiating contracts
- Proven ability to complete assignments
- Executive search recruitment experience, ideally with a focus in law firm management positions would be considered a plus
- A willingness to learn the search process to include: acquiring and aggregating stakeholder input, job analysis and development of position descriptions, candidate sourcing and evaluation, reference and background checking, and offer presentation and negotiations.
- A team player who willingly works with others and shares knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – will prepare position descriptions, candidate reports and author relevant industry articles
- Commitment to ethics, equal opportunity and diversity
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intense dedication to client service.
- Places high value on integrity, quality, and mutual respect.
- BS/BA degree required, JD/MBA preferred
Of key importance is attitude. We hire entrepreneurial, team-spirited individuals who are committed to client service. It is our goal not just to close assignments but to identify and deliver highly-qualified individuals to our clients on every assignment. MLA is relationship- rather than transaction-driven, adopting a long-term, global approach to business development.
Compensation package includes a competitive base salary plus commission with significant upside potential and full benefits.
Consultant, Legal, Business Development