Major, Lindsey & Africa is unmatched in the legal talent we attract, the services that we provide and the global reach we possess. With legal recruiting offices in more than 20 major markets across the United States, EMEA and Asia Pacific, we provide in-depth market insights on a global scale that deliver superior results for clients and candidates. We have an immediate opening in our Washington D.C. office for an In-House Search Consultant to focus on retained attorney business development and search activities for our corporate clients. Ideal candidates will be experienced search consultants and/or practicing attorneys with a compelling existing network.
- Develop new client relationships through targeted business development efforts, including cold calling decision makers at relevant employers, targeting legal team management and the C-suite;
- Cultivate existing relationships through consultative information sharing.
- Manage active searches for existing and new clients, including:
- Consult to clients on their needs and compensation;
- Develop search/candidate criteria and perform research utilizing various proprietary, legal and internet sources, to identify qualified candidates;
- Initiate contact with targeted candidates (warm and cold calling);
- Screen and interview qualified candidates; Assess and make recommendations to clients regarding hard and soft skills presented by qualified candidates.
- Conduct and disseminate market research to identify industry trends, best hiring practices, and potential client accounts.
- Consult with clients on the myriad issues that corporate legal departments face, skillfully conducting meetings to diagnose their situation, and make recommendations as to the value our services may add.
- Negotiate fee agreements for a retained search firm.
Why consider Major, Lindsey & Africa?
- MLA boasts 30+ years of experience as the industry’s premier legal search company; our firm has 190 search consultants across the globe, all providing an unparalleled level of service and consulting to world class employers. Joining MLA means aligning yourself with the very best and a commitment to meeting the highest of standards.
- Our database of contacts exceeds 750,000 practicing attorneys and our client list includes multiple Fortune 500 companies with repeat search business potential.
- Our excellent reputation has earned us recognition as the “Best Legal Search Firm in the U.S.”
- We successfully compete with top executive search firms, given our reputation, legal focus, global network, established candidate and client relationships, and proven methodology and search professionals.
- Our team-oriented structure bypasses the “bait and switch” seen at other retained search firms and allows recruiters to share recruiting and sales responsibilities.
- MLA has a culture of hard-working, smart, collaborative, and driven colleagues, who enjoy continued personal and professional growth.
- We provide an excellent support platform that includes new recruiter training and mentoring to learn the business, robust candidate and client databases, access to for-fee market research tools, administrative support, and established and proven policies and processes.
- MLA is an operating company within the $11+billion Allegis Group, one of the world’s largest and most accomplished staffing organizations. Access to additional support and resources are available via our parent company.
- We make a substantial investment in advertising, marketing and networking events to continue to build our in-house counsel network and brand. Our marketing team provides a variety of services, including social media branding, regular sponsored events, and assistance on writing and publishing articles.
- MLA is focused on continued learning and development and provides access to an online training database, plus scheduled onsite training sessions across offices and practice groups.
- We have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, internally at MLA and with our clients. MLA has a Diversity Council and Employee Resource Groups available to all employees.
- Our compensation structure allows unlimited upside potential in commission earning, plus financial support in the form of a base salary and full benefit package.
Please see our website: https://www.mlaglobal.com/legal-recruiting-services/in-house-counsel-recruiting for more information about the firm and the In-House Practice Group. To apply, please email Nancy Rogers at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].