A Event Services Manager with the Hilton Caribe executes all aspects of the written sales agreement and corresponding arrangements between the hotel and customer during the meeting or event. Acts as liaison between the customer and the hotel by directing each department within the hotel as to their specific role in the on-site convention. Successful achievement of this goal will ultimately result in a major contribution to the re-booking of group business for future dates. Maximizes revenues through effective up-selling of products and services. Promotes services for future group business.
Admire oceanand tropical garden views from Caribe Hilton, one of the most famous hotels inPuerto Rico. Set on a secluded peninsula with 17 acres of lush foliage, thisSan Juan resort is situated between historic Old San Juan andthe culturally rich Condado area of San Juan. With no passport requiredfor U.S. citizens, Caribe Hilton is an easy Caribbean getaway.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provides direction and supervision to affected departments and team members during execution of meeting and/or event
- Directly serves on site group and catering customers in a proactive manner relative to logistics of group room block, food and beverage, public meeting space/exhibit hall, ancillary and vendor services, affiliates/exhibitors and related billing processes
- Analyzes customers' service and product needs and financial issues of in-house groups; recommends and acts upon appropriate resolution of customers' concerns while maintaining profitability
- Using computer systems (Word, Excel and Sales/MandC department systems) prepares reports, correspondence and analysis relative to group activity. Copies and distributes same
- Participates in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Meetings and Conventions i.e., forecast, menu review, department, citywide pre-cons, operational department pre shifts etc. Participates in internal and external training and industry events; i.e., Customer Focus Meetings and Conventions, Front Line Leadership, CPR, ACOM Institute etc. Participates in development and measurement of personal and team goals and action plans
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
What are we looking for?
As a team member serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!