As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE has an Engineering Manager position available in Wilmington, Delaware. The Engineering Manager is accountable for the capital program for the Titanium Technologies business, as measured by cost, schedule, quality, and contribution to business improvement. Accountable to Titanium Technologies VP of Operations.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- lead and manage the delivery of multiple engineering technologies that deliver on highest value projects for the organization.
- Scope includes engineering technology for conceptual development, new facility projects, and asset productivity programs.
- Works closely with business management to understand business objectives, affordability and develop programs to meet established needs.
- Reviews and prioritizes work from multiple clients.
- Plans and staffs internal and external resources to meet demand.
- Accountable for establishing and meeting cost/capital budgets and for effective technology delivery
- Responsible for determining the leveraging strategy and for the management and oversight of full service contractors
- Capital planning to meet business strategies. Lead process to prioritize capital projects into the corporate portfolio planning process.
- Execution of the capital program. Ensure all capital project proposals are consistent with business strategy. Lead projects through capital productivity processes, ensure competitive project implementation.
- Manage business costs associated with capex, period expense, depreciation
- Supports the work of the Capital Center of Excellence, including development of standards for capital execution.
- Provides competency expertise and promotes compliance with best practices
- Administrative management of the engineering organization, including performance management and personal development
- Project Investment (1)
- Site Engineering Direct (22)
- Site Engineering dotted line (9)
Scope of Annual Spend: $75 - 150M capex, $25-50M period expense
- To be considered for this role you must possess the following:
BS in Engineering, any discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project management, construction management or combination of these in industrial applications.
- Large project experience is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing teams and leading employees through projects
- Self-managing, proactive
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Demonstrated leadership capability – personnel development, leading teams, resolving conflict, sound judgment
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.