- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations related to U.S. HR and employment law issues including but not limited to applications, on-boarding, wage and hour, benefits, training, separations, etc. as it pertains to any phase of an employee’s life cycleDefine scope, end goals and deliverables, identify resources and stakeholders for enterprise-wide HR compliance-related projects.
- Lead the execution of identified HR compliance-related projects, including but not limited to the assignment of deliverables, creation/adjustment of deliverables schedule, issue/conflict resolution, and motivation of resources.
- Create and deliver change management and communication plans, and end-user training as it pertains to HR compliance-related projects.
- Work with all Operating Company leadership to ensure and assist them in managing regulatory HR training and periodic recertification on topics including, but not limited to harassment, diversity, retaliation and union avoidance
- Collaborate with all Operating Company partners (HR, ER, Payroll, Field Support, IS, Communications and Legal) to ensure seamless service and consistent application of policies, processes and support systems
- Creates a comprehensive plan and ensures the effectiveness of that plan to manage regulatory files, audit files, develop, implement and monitor corrective action plans and provide regular reporting to managers and leaders.
- Presents issues, formulates recommended actions, escalates issues & any non-compliance to Executive Director of ECRM and appropriate Operating Company leaders
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, prepares management and leadership reports for compliance-related data both on a regular basis and as requested
- Assesses, investigates, trends and summarizes information concerning the status of compliance with specific federal, state, and local employment laws and regulatory requirements policies
- Tracks new law and regulatory changes, assess impact to the enterprise, then communicates & ensures enterprise-wide adherence to new or updated laws and regulations. Provides updates and summary of legal and regulatory changes and impacts to the appropriate Operating Company leadership and impacted teams (HR, Field Support, Payroll, Legal, Communications and IS) who will implement appropriate recommendations or changes within their organizations.
- Responsible for the oversight of the organization’s Ethics Hotline
- Facilitate periodic meetings with stakeholders to collaborate on employment practices initiatives
- Manage assigned vendors; assign deliverables, coordinate efforts and provide feedback.
Yes – will oversee a team of analysts that are responsible for everything from the evaluation and assessment of the laws to the execution of the project plan to ensure overall compliance – whether from an Operating Company standpoint or Allegis Enterprise wide. The EP Compliance Manager will be responsible for the management, training and development of direct and/or indirect reports through the sharing of functional, institutional and related compliance knowledge. This person will also manage any assigned vendors and/or external resources.
Will assist in formulating and managing the budget but overall responsibility of the budget will be with the Executive Director.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in HR, Business Management, Compliance, HR or related field
- Master’s degree and/or Certifications preferred
- 6 years of human resources or compliance experience required, 8 years or more is preferred
- Some Management experience required, 3+ years of managerial experience is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of employment and labor law and related practices including hiring and selection, wage and hour and employment practices
- Working knowledge of U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage large projects to successful, timely and effective completion
- Superior interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop and motivate a high-performance team to successfully perform and partner with various departments throughout the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and focus on results
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Initiative and Drive
- Leading Self and Others