EAP Onsite Counselor - CONTRACTOR
8 hours per week
Perform onsite assessments, provide short-term problem resolution, referral and follow up for managers, employees and family members covered by KEPRO Employee Assistance Program.
- Master’s Degree or Higher in a Mental Health Discipline
- Unrestricted License at the Independent Level
- Preferred, two years of Documented Substance Abuse Experience or Training
- Preferred, Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) or Documented EAP Experience
Key responsibilities include:
- Performs assessments; short-term problem resolution, referral and follow up for all participants seeking services.
- Performs management consultation services to all levels of management within the customer’s organization. Clinicians must be able to assess for workplace issues, be knowledgeable of key legislation impacting workplace such as American Disabilities Act (ADA), Drug Free Workplace and Sexual Harassment. The clinician must be able to assess situations with a manager, provide suggestions and develop an action plan. They must be educated on legislation impacting the workplace and be able to incorporate their knowledge during the consultation.
- The clinician must demonstrate knowledge of workplace risk factors; be able to assess potential violence in the workplace; and be able to assist the customer regarding these issues. In addition, the clinician should be knowledgeable of the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) process and be able to develop an action plan to immediately assist the company.
- The clinician should have experience within the substance abuse arena and be able to assess for hidden signs of substance use as well as support participants in connecting to further evaluation and treatment. They should demonstrate knowledge of positions that fall under Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations as well as those that would be considered “safety sensitive”.
- Develop of Return to Work plans for employees who have been out of the work place for an extended period of time and act as liaison between employee and customer.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the mental health system so as to be able to guide members to the appropriate level of care.
- Facilitate onsite support services for the customer as directed by KEPRO. Services could include providing employee and supervisory orientations and wellness/topical trainings, suggesting and attending visibility events, and providing reduction in force support and CISD services.
- Additional responsibilities include: promoting visibility and awareness of EAP program (e.g. attending site management and departmental meetings as appropriate), collaborating with site leaders to become a key resource for managers and decision makers, identifying organizational and utilization trends and offering ways to enhance EAP offerings.
Onsite clinician will work under the direction of the KEPRO Program Director and Senior Account Executive. All clinical, management consultation, and onsite crisis response support will be overseen by the Program Director. The Senior Account Executive will oversee all daily operations aspects as well as assist in coordinating trainings, and program promotion.
Equal Opportunity Employer