We have an immediate opening for a Managing Director, Client Development, with our Interim Legal Talent Group in our Washington, D.C. office. In this role, you will source new and maintain existing in-house and law firm clients to introduce and sell our interim legal staffing services. The MD, Client Development supports Office Leadership and serves as a subject-matter expert and strategic business partner to the Directors and other MDs in their office.
Role & Responsibilities
- Works with MLA Interim Legal Talent group leadership and internal stakeholders to cultivate an industry-leading legal services practice that offers the legal industry a multitude of high-value, responsive and innovative interim solutions to their talent needs. From partnering with our lateral recruiters in the law firm sector to offering world-class executive legal search services as well as an expansive Managed Legal Services platform, our Managing Directors are armed with the ability to meet the legal industry’s evolving landscape.
- Client focused and driven.
- Builds and maintains a consultative and strategic relationship with clients.
- Engages in business development efforts within the corporate in-house legal community as well as the AmLaw and boutique law firm market within designated geographic markets. These efforts include cold calling, traditional and non-traditional networking efforts, online and social media branding, as well as internal collaboration to increase market awareness of the Interim Legal Talent group.
- Works with MLA Marketing to prepare and present client specific business development material and presentations to prospective clients as well as general client meeting activity.
- Develops thought leadership content and participates in speaking engagements and panels at industry events and other creative marketing endeavors.
- Acts as Account Manager for existing Interim Legal Talent clients and works with other Account Managers to identify top accounts, target skill sets and key market segments and to assess clients’ staffing needs.
- Negotiates pricing and terms of service agreements and contracts with clients.
- Develops strong internal partnerships with recruiters, leadership and offices throughout Allegis Group and MLA to facilitate partnerships and account referrals.
- Communicates effectively with others in order to create a healthy and productive environment.
- Maintains relationships with industry contacts to provide customer service, gain industry knowledge, and generate referrals and sales leads.
- Develops and coaches new Client Development Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.