1. Cloud Infrastructure (GCP, Azure or AWS)
2. Experience with .Net Standard and .Net Core
3. DevOps Tools (Docker and Kubernetes
Director of Software Engineering
The Director of Software Engineering will be directly responsible for design, implementation, deployment, etc. for new features they're building on their software. Since their microservices have already been re-architected, this person is going to be focused on continuous deployment for those microservices. For their cloud infrastructure, they've re-architected to move away from Service Fabric and towards .Net framework. They're currently using Standard .Net and want to move from .Net Core. Another project they'll be working on is within their cloud infrastructure and managing Kubernetes/ Docker and managing applications built in the cloud. Being Cloud Agnostic is going to reduce their cost per owner which is an advantage for them and their customers (getting to utilize any cloud offering they want). It's eventually going to make their cloud offering more portable and would affect their data sovereignty and data users. This person doesn't need to understand specific offerings in the cloud, but should be able to understand a SAAS model in the cloud and Managed Services within the cloud (provisioning, operations, management).
They really need an individual with a 50/50 blend of a strong leg in both DevOps background/ Cloud Architecture and in .Net/ Software Development.
- Lead and building the company's software engineering team
- Create, and execute to, quantitative development plans, assess and manage risk associated with those plans and be accountable for schedule/effort/scope estimates and commitments
- Work effectively with product management and business stakeholders to understand roadmaps, product backlogs, and requirements
- Build effective, influencing relationships with business and technology stakeholders
- Inspire innovative approaches to application design and problem solving
- Coach teams on agile software development methodologies
- Monitor, control and report on day-to-day engineering efforts
- Assess and plan for continuous improvement of engineering skill sets
- Coach and mentor teams and individuals to enable career development
- BSCS or CE or equivalent experience with 10+ years relevant work experience
- Eight+ years of software engineering management and leadership experience
- Three+ years of experience managing development of desktop applications, preferably rich-media or highly interactive applications
- Demonstrable leadership and delivery of solutions using agile software development methods such as SCRUM
- Experience with some or many of the applicable technologies
- Microsoft Azure and Universal Windows Platform
- Atlassian tool suites including Jira and Confluence
- Microservices, orchestration and containers such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Source control systems such as Git, Mercurial, or Subversion
- Development operational tools such as Jenkins and automation scripting
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.