Summary of Position Requirements
The Director of Sales shall lead the sales department in partnership with the division president. The (DOS) is responsible for developing and implementing strategies and tactics to meet division sales goals according to the business plan and company standards. Specifically, the DOS will manage staffing, training and sales administration for all of the division’s sales activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, develop and lead a high-performance sales team.
- Communicate regularly with Area Sales Managers and New Home Consultants regarding sales production demands, goal setting, product knowledge and corporate wide programs.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure open communication on all matters; develop a strong environment conducive to proactive resolution of issues with strong commitment to selling quality.
- Partner with Marketing in determining market strategies accordingly to remain competitive with the changing market.
- In cooperation with management team prepare sales goals on an annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly basis, continually monitor and report the status of achievement of goals.
- Status of goals are to report on a division, community, ASM and NHC basis on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Visit communities on a regular basis.
- Plan and conduct sales meetings and phone bank for sales team on a regular basis.
- Ensure mortgage status for customers is always current through the direction of ASMs/NHCs.
- Manage problem solving of sales and closing issues between all parties including closing department, NHCs and customers.
- Develop and execute Realtor Programs (if needed)
- Assist Marketing Manager in the planning and execution of special events to help promote communities and/or company events.
- Directly responsible for ensuring sales is prepared and ready to open new communities on time.
- On call 7 days a week via cell phone or email for sales team
- Handle customer's problems and concerns with ASMs/NHCs
- Mentor New Home Consultants by providing leadership, ongoing development, and strong learning experiences while establishing goals and coaching performance.
- Supervise the preparation of CMAs, review for accuracy and completeness on a monthly basis.
- Prepare CMAs for land acquisition green folders.
- Enforce company policies, upper management directives and resolve miscellaneous problems.
- Disseminate sales, marketing and product information to New Home Consultants.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience in New Home Sales and/or commission real estate sales
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managerial role
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, as well as strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude, deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity with homeowners, fellow associates, and in all public relations
- Excellent computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Requires resourcefulness, patience and clarity and strong management and motivational skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance coverage
- Florida Real Estate license required, broker’s license preferred
- Ability to prepare written documentation and complete contract calculations #CB