A well known and reputable company within the Pharmaceutical industry is looking to hire a Director or Purchasing directly with the company. This is a permanent opportunity with benefits!
* Act as a point of contact between the company and vendors/manufacturers
* Drive and develop new sources of supply; Obtains all required approval documentation and assists in qualification of new source.
* Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and manufacturers; Initiates and reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts with budgetary limits.
* Develop and execute clear category management, strategic sourcing, and procurement strategies that support business requirements while appropriately managing quality, speed and cost.
* Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing.
* Optimize product inventory management by working closely with IT to ensure product catalog reflects current inventory & pricing.
* Manage an efficient flow of goods; requisitions from all departments, handle requests for quotes, process purchase requisitions/purchase orders, provide orders to suppliers, maintain adequate records of purchases, follow up on orders/approvals and resolve issues with invoice/receipt discrepancies;
* Coordinate with planning and other buyers to reschedule production and maintenance when purchased material cannot be available in time; expedites past due purchasing orders and works backlog reports to obtain current delivery information.
* Develop strong, trusted, analytically driven service delivery relationships, segmenting suppliers and implementing a structured Supplier Relationship Management program, as appropriate.
* Drive cost reduction efforts working collaboratively with the business stakeholders.
* Serves as expert on specific products, liaising with the respective counterpart group,
supporting the development of business cases for product launches or product-specific access
- Must have Procurement management experience
- Preferable experience from the Pharmaceutical industry
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (Preference not a must)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.