Our esteemed client is seeking a Director of IT for a direct hire opportunity. The IT Director will be responsible for overseeing all of the companies technology department and ensure the streamlined operation of the technology department in alignment with the goals and business objectives. The director will plan, coordinate, direct and design technology and information systems related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the department. The Director will work closely with the Management Team to grow the company through the use of technological resources; to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The Director will also define and implement technology and information systems policies, procedures and best practices.
- Provide input to the strategic direction, influencing the business direction in new and existing products and systems as well as upcoming integration efforts with new acquisitions.
- Participate in the development of the strategic information technology plan, processes and solutions.
- Coordinate and drive the business relationship with key internal partners and significant external partners.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, education, membership, and certification as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company's culture, mission and values.
- Develop technology business plans and budget plans that support long-term and the short-term objectives.
- Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules and budgets, and ensure user/management involvement at appropriate milestones.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Direct the development and reporting of performance metrics and direct actions to continuously improve technology to include IT support, web sites, association management software, learning management software, etc.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure web sites (intranet and internet sites) are developed and maintained to industry standards.
- Work with other departments to determine functional needs of the intra/internet sites and deploy sites that are fully tested and provide the needed functionality.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, and disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Manage technology department staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives. Prepare/review budgets for business plans, ensuring that maximum value is provided to the association.
- Operate areas of responsibility within approved budgets and staffing levels. Prepare management reports.
- Lead presentations to senior management across the association to keep them informed of the financial status of technology initiatives and projects, performance against planned objectives, and future strategic directions and associated impact on expenses.
- Evaluate external advancements in the technology industry to improve customer/user satisfaction, reduce operating expenses and maximize revenues.
- Acts as a good steward of company resources and ensures control of departmental budget.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- 10+ years experience in Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years in an IT Director/Manager role
- Position demands attention to detail with a strong background in information systems management and web deployment, management and development technologies.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff, with strong writing and presentation skills.