Director of Information Technology (IT)
MarketSource Inc., an Allegis Group Company, designs and delivers innovative and proven marketing and sales-team solutions for companies of all sizes. MarketSource provides the unique skills and expertise to integrate brand-centric marketing and sales programs in the Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Information Technology and Telecom industries and relevant routes to market including Retail and B2B.
Founded in 1975, MarketSource, Inc. became a subsidiary of Allegis Group, Inc. in 2004. Our Company's culture centers on our core values: Open Communication, Relationships, Serving Others and Work Ethic.
MarketSource is currently seeking a Director of Information Technology
The Director of Information Technology (IT) will oversee the IT team and own all infrastructure and applications within MarketSource's ecosystem. The leader in this role is responsible for delivering innovative technology solutions for a data-driven organization that relies heavily on technology to drive results for its clients. The Director of IT will drive IT initiatives and create solutions that are repeatable, scalable and sustainable, ensuring they meet corporate Information Security and Data Privacy standards. The Director of Information Technology is responsible for reporting on the implementation projects and progress of technological plans to MarketSource leadership
Success in this role will require a combination of technology, analytics and operations experience, as well as the ability to manage large programs and teams. S/he will be the project champion for process improvements and technology changes, and will ensure the evolving needs of MarketSource, its clients and programs are continually met. This person will also play a key strategic role in driving the highest possible levels of quality, efficiency and productivity across the entire organization.
- Lead and coach team of IT professionals, providing opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Drives the planning, developing and implementing the IT budget and working with Procurement to obtain competitive pricing for new systems from suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness
- Owns relationship with Corporate IS department building strong partnerships and fostering an Enterprise first mentality
- Works closely with MarketSource's Business Relationship Manager (BRM) to ensure MarketSource initiatives are conveyed and prioritized within AG IS' Enterprise Roadmaps
- Works with corporate IS department to ensure upgrades, system patches and backups of hardware and software systems are maintained
- Works with corporate IS department to ensure all Tier I MarketSource infrastructure and applications are monitored and proper alerting occurs
- Works closely with BISO and Information Security Office to ensure MarketSource is following all corporate defined policies and initiatives
- Ensures proper testing procedures are in place and followed to ensure a near-zero defect rate
- Defines and owns technology governance process, ensuring environment remains secure and helps to reduce duplicative technology spend
- Owns relationship with MarketSource's technology vendors working with Corporate Procurement, understanding contractually what has been agreed to, and ensuring SLAs are in place, monitored and tracked
- Ensure near 100% up-time for all MarketSource applications and infrastructure
- Works closely with both MarketSource and corporate Risk and Compliance groups to ensure Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans are completed for all regions and testing is conducted on defined schedules
- Responsible for RFI/RFP responses relating to MarketSource infrastructure and applications and coordination with corporate IS to get related enterprise responses
- Stay abreast of advances in technology
- Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements
- Act as key company oversight for governance on all company platforms and for new technology requests
- Continually measure platform performance against expected outcomes and leverage continuous improvement to enhance performance ensuring ROI for MarketSource's technology investments.
Supervisory or Management Responsibility/Decision Making Level:
This leadership position will manage a team playing a business-critical role at MarketSource with key decision-making responsibility and critical delivery timelines. This person will need to lead their teams effectively, prioritize consistently, remain flexible and leverage strong relationships across all business functions to meet the needs of the business and its clients.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Management Information Systems or related major or equivalent business experience. Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in IS spanning multiple areas/disciplines
- 10+ years of experience serving in a senior IS leadership and/or customer facing capacity providing technical thought leadership and influence to support business strategy
- Extensive experience with executing strategic plans and technology roadmaps.
- Proven leadership experience with implementing large-scale organizational change.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have the ability to proof read and edit content
- Must be flexible and deadline driven
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong methodology for developing predictive models and supporting business campaigns based on analytical insights
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
- Must have good written, listening and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative
- Ability to operate successfully in cross-functional team
- Written/Verbal Communication to SMEs and Stakeholders
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance preferred
- Additional job duties as assigned
MarketSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
San Fran Candidates only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles Candidates only: We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 877-883-4575.