Our client, located in Union, has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Reporting. In this role you will
- Manage the financial reporting process - both external and internal.
- Author SEC filings including 10-Q and 10-K, including preparing MD&A analysis, reviewing supporting schedules, and partnering with business leaders for review.
- Manage the accounting for stock based compensation and equity, including reviewing journal entries and reconciliations and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Provide technical research on GAAP, FASB and other regulatory practices and standards to senior leadership and the accounting team.
- Prepare the budget and forecast for the accounting areas managed, including comparing actuals to budget and performing variance analysis.
- Analyze financial results to ensure compliance with debt covenants.
- Implement process improvements in order to create efficiencies and reduce timeframes for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes.
- Establish written procedures for key processes to help ensure consistency and assist in cross-training.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Strong accounting background with 8 plus years of related experience, including 5 plus years in public accounting preferably from a top tier accounting firm. Public company and/or retail experience is a major plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. accounting standards and proven experience in researching GAAP, FASB and other regulatory practices and standards.
- Knowledge of stock based compensation accounting standards a plus
- Strong proficiency in general accounting and internal controls.