A Major, Lindsey & Africa Client has an immediate need for a Director of Contracts to handle “cradle to grave” contracts management for the sale of development efforts, materials, products, and services in the Bel Air, MD area.
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and process Company contracts and other agreements.
- Assess risks associated with the terms, conditions and other provisions of solicitations, business agreements and contracts, and recommend methods of mitigating those risks.
- Review complex solicitations and prepare responses and other input to proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- Analyze significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions and terms & conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure.
- Serve as the point of contact for customers and Company stakeholders for contract matters, and ensure timely review and approval or reconciliation of variations.
- Prepare, transmit, receive, and review written contract-related communications between Company and its customers.
- Acquire and/or maintain a general understanding and appreciation of the business, technical and financial (profit and loss) dimensions of the bids, proposals and contracts being processed.
- Request or approve amendments to or extensions of contracts.
- May negotiate, facilitate, and/or document cooperative business agreements
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- 10+ years of significant and relevant experience in US Government contract drafting, negotiation, administration and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. JD preferred.
- NCMA Certification highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of the FAR, DFARS and UCC is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word, required.
- SAP experience is highly desirable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of company employees and interface with customers.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision from broadly defined guidelines.
- Management experience preferred.
Major, Lindsey & Africa does not discriminate against applications on the basis of age, sex, race or any other protected characteristics pursuant to applicable state or federal laws.