Our client in Columbia, MD is hiring for a Director of HR Benefits, description below. 7+ years of experience required.
The Director of Total Rewards will work closely with the senior leadership teams and senior HR leaders. You will be responsible for administering compensation and benefit programs while collaborating with our Centers of Excellence to provide insight and input into program design, development and implementation. The dynamic, driven leader we seek will be strategic in their thinking, hands-on in their approach and highly motivated to provide leading compensation and benefit programs.
The Director is responsible for the overall design and administration of all GEA America's Total Rewards program with primary focus on benefit and insurance programs. The Director works closely with the Human Resources Country Manager, Payroll, SSC and HRBPs to ensure the successful implementation of the all programs. The position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources, Americas.
This position will oversee and direct the design, administration, and continuous improvement of the total rewards function and will be responsible for the development of staff, management of vendors, consultants, and brokers.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities Time Allocation:
40% Manage the strategy, design, and implementation of all employee benefit plans. This includes all health & welfare plans, as well as, savings plans (401(k) and pension).
20% Administer the Regions compensation rollout, bonus plans and commission plans.
10% Manage the delivery of employee education seminars and opportunities to learn about benefit plan features, 401(k) and pension program, and other employee support programs. Collaborate with external vendors and HR Training on design and delivery.
15% Conceptualize, recommend, and administer the employee wellness and employee recognition programs. Target specific plan provider partnerships that apply technology and scalable processes, drive cost savings and improve the employee experience. Determine specific success measurements.
15% Actively participate as a key leader with the Human Resources team in development of human capital strategies and tactical approaches to deliver high impact solutions and drive HR initiatives related to total rewards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Ensuring that all pension, health and welfare benefit plans are administered in conformance with GEA policies and procedures; i.e., plan documentation, contractual arrangements, and regulatory requirements (ERISA, DOL, IRS, HIPAA, FMLA, ADEA, ADA, other federal, state and local laws, etc.)
* Analyzing and revising current policies and procedures, as necessary, to ensure efficiency, regulatory compliance with the goal of attaining best practices with regard to benefits offerings, management, and administration.
* Preparing an annual budget for the Benefits plan designs and monitoring/reporting monthly variances and supporting invoice payment processes.
* Ensuring that all coverage provisions are within policies and procedures; plan documentation, contractual arrangements, and regulatory requirements (local, state/province/national).
* Assisting and/or preparing RFPs, negotiating vendor contracts, drafting benefit communications and reviewing documentation, including but not limited to, proposals, contracts, plan documents, amendments, and summary plan descriptions.
* Coordinating data and documentation necessary to accomplish all tasks involved with annual benefit/insurance renewals and open enrollment.
* Reviewing all employee benefit communications, including open enrollment materials, Intranet postings, Summary Plan Descriptions, and letters to carriers/participants, ensuring that all benefits are correctly communicated.
* Serving as the next level escalation for responding to employee requests and inquiries. Counseling employees and partners on benefit options and plan designs. Overseeing responses to benefit inquiries.
* Coordinating annual audits for health plans and retirement plans, as needed.
* Providing technical expertise to the NAM and CAD Boards with regard to benefit issues, regulatory compliance and industry best practices.
* Participating in targeted employee benefit surveys.
* Maintaining a thorough understanding of current benefits trends and legislation and monitoring the external legal environment and assisting with amendments as necessary.
* Managing and maintaining ongoing relationships with outside consultants, brokers, carriers and third-party vendors.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.