TMX Finance ® Family of Companies is seeking a Director of Accounting (for Payroll and Compensation), to join the corporate office in Carrollton, TX. In this role, you would be part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Your leadership skills, vast understanding of accounting principles, and ability to close gaps in business processes will be your keys to success in directing the revenue, receivable, and cash departments, as well as in overseeing maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements. Meanwhile, your coaching skills will allow you to develop and grow your team members, elevating the quality of the department's work and furthering your career path.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure high quality performance management processes, documenting goals, addressing performance issues, and developing and challenging team members to exceed expectations.
Direct accounting team through the full accounting cycle and direct accounting projects through their life-cycle, resolving issues and escalation of risks as needed.
Ensure all Payroll and Compensation Accounting is recorded to the General Ledger.
Work very closely with HR to ensure Compensation Plans are in Accordance with GAAP.
Lead team in the successful execution of full cycle accounting calendars on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, providing clear direction, resolving obstacles, and ensuring a high-quality review process; includes journal entry processing, account reconciliations, fluctuation explanations, internal and external financial reporting, SOX controls, and other analyses.
Write, maintain, prepare, and review monthly consolidated financial statements and related reports.
Assist in the budgeting and forecast expense process.
Provide training, coaching, and development opportunities for team members in various areas, including business products and supporting technologies, and GAAP, SOX, and related Company policies.
Research accounting pronouncements and develop policies for new, changing, or existing business transactions, broadly communicating and ensuring full understanding of the impacts to the organization.
Ensure that SOX controls are accurately documented, kept current, and are executed in accordance with Company policies, and ensure documentation of new products or changes in state requirements for existing products.
Partner cross-functionally to understand business transactions and ensure that transactional activities are complete and coded accurately.
Drive continuous business process improvement through the design and implementation of technologies as well as consistently looking to implement efficiencies in processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
- 5-7 years leading and managing an accounting team in a mid-to-large sized company
- Experience with ensuring that all Payroll and Compensation accounting is recorded to the General Ledger.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, fund accounting, and internal accounting controls
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong prioritizing, organizational, and time management skills
- Must have flexible thinking and be able to work in ambiguity
- Must have an analytical mindset and have strong problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Great Plains, Oracle, Cognos, ReqLogic, Accruent, DocLink, TrinTech, or Management reporter
- Master's Degree
- Change management experience
- Experience in an organization experiencing significant growth
- System conversion experience
- Stock Compensation and Benefits Accounting is a plus
- Payroll Accounting Experience is a plus
The Director of Accounting is a member of the Accounting Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. This team handles all the day-to-day financial reporting and accounting activities for the organization, as well as maintain the appropriate internal controls. They effectively manage our relationships with external auditors and regulatory agencies, and understand the 'big picture' - or full-cycle accounting - and how the pieces of the Company fit together from a financial perspective.
The TMX Finance Family of Companies ('the Company') is one of the largest consumer specialty finance organizations in the United States. With companies that include TitleMax, TitleBucks, and InstaLoan, the Company provides a diversified product offering. These companies are represented nationwide and their growth has created a wealth of career opportunities in both our stores and at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and advancement opportunities, you've come to the right place.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.