DIRECTOR TALENT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
Mattel is seeking a Director, Talent Management & Development to provide leading-edge practices and programs around talent management, which includes succession planning, performance management and career development, and talent development, which includes leadership, hi-potential and organization development. Reporting directly to the Global Vice President of Talent, this person will partner with key stakeholders across the business to select, design, develop, and implement, leadership and professional development programs in support of Mattel’s strategy and mission as well as day-to-day management of talent development needs for Mattel’s world-wide headquarters in El Segundo.
Provide thought leadership and manage the execution of core programs such as:
- New-hire onboarding
- High-potential development
- On-line learning
- Management development
- Executive development
- Coaching and mentorship
- Career development
- Assessments and team interventions
Additionally, this role will:
• Work with a talented Global Team to manage and continually evolve Mattel University
• Leverage current instructional design approaches to create and deliver customized solutions tied to key initiatives
• Select, manage and evaluate external partners
• Market training programs to employees to increase curriculum awareness
• Conduct teambuilding and customized workshops, as requested
• Serve as a resource for Career Development and Coaching
Experience, Education & Skills
- Above average ability to navigate highly ambiguous environments by taking a whole company view, acting decisively and supporting others to be their best.
- Exceptional executive presence and ability to communicate clearly and effectively to senior leadership.
- Proven facilitation skills with experience designing and delivering leadership development programs.
- Strong influencing skills with a track record for building relationships. Experience delivering results in a highly entrepreneurial team.
- Strong analytic capability and business acumen. Ability to summarize and present complicated information to a non-technical audience.
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- A Master's Degree or equivalent degree in Business, Organization Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field preferred
- At least 10+ years of progressive experience in a Talent Development/Talent Management role with a leading major business with initiatives across the entire organization.
- Experience organizing, prioritizing, coordinating, implementing, and managing multiple projects, tasks and teams
- Experience with major 360 and development-based assessments such as: CCL Benchmarks, Hay ECI, MBTI, FIRO-B, Hogan, PDI Profiler
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price® and Thomas & Friends®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us online at www.mattel.com and at www.mattel.com/careers
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
US-CA-El Segundo, CA