This position will have primary responsibility for the development and coordination of pre-launch planning for new products (pipeline and product acquisitions) targeted for the US market. This includes primary responsibility for forecasting, coordination of market research, KOL identification and development, and pre-launch planning. In this role, the Director, New Products will work closely with Business Development, all Global Franchises (including New Products and New Technology Teams), Global Brand Teams, R&D Project Teams, Market Access, and US Marketing. The position will also provide market valuation for targeted internal and external assets and support business case development.
- Partner with Global Franchise Teams (New Products, New Technology, Influenza/RSV, PPH,, and Meninge/Pneumo) to assess market opportunities, further develop lifecycle management, and represent the US market interests on Global Brand Teams and Global platforms. Liaise with US Marketing Teams to ensure alignment.
- Lead pre-launch planning and execution for pipeline products. Lead pre-launch Marketing Teams as necessary. Lead product launch team meetings. Co-lead joint launch team activity with partner in co-promotion environments. Scope of pre-launch planning includes coordination of product strategy, market access planning, policy planning, mark research, communication planning, and marketing pre-launch planning (e.g. market preparation).
- Work with Business Development on new product acquisition and co-promotion opportunities. This includes forecasting and business case development in coordination with Medical Affairs, Market Access, Public Affairs / Policy, and Marketing.
- Serve as US ComOps lead and representative on R&D Product Teams and Integrated Pre-launch Preparation (IPLP) Team as assigned.
- Work with Medical Affairs and the Medical Science Liaison Team to coordinate and establish advisory boards, KOL development plans and publication planning. This includes the establishment of an evidence base to support recommendations for use in target populations.
- Partner with Public Affairs / Immunization Policy and Health Economics Teams to develop plans and processes that will create a favorable policy environment for the acceptance and appropriate reimbursement for assigned products/projects
- Represent US market interests in key decisions to shape the product profile during product development (e.g. TPP, Phase II and Phase III protocols, labelling strategy, and tradename strategy).
- Pre-launch planning for products in phase III of development.
- Defining MEX plan (e.g. customers, strategy, requirements, and our lead time to meet those requirements.)
- Provide the market forecast and key assumptions required to assure product commercialization success.
- Work on different options to determine the best strategy to prepare the market prior for the launch of the product.
- Coordinate the development of Market Access and Public Policy strategies.
- Develop recommendations of project priorities to drive US BU growth.
- Determining competitor's position, profile, strategies, and potential market share.
- Asset (external and internal) valuations within broad context of key market drivers and barriers that may go beyond classical vaccine market knowledge.
- Alignment with US Marketing Team on lifecycle management and long range forecasting.
- Alignment of key stakeholders on business case development for Business Development projects.
- BS in Business Administration or life sciences - Preferred: MBA or Masters
- 8-10 years of vaccine or pharmaceutical experience
- Marketing, product launch, policy, or market access experience.
- Team leadership (people management) experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience, cross functional management, ability to thinking strategically and prioritize critical tasks to ensure effective execution of objectives.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with multiple different stakeholders groups.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.